Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sftp automation script not working Post 302567321 by rikxik on Monday 24th of October 2011 01:22:10 AM
Old 10-24-2011
Almost exactly same issue is raised in this thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...t-working.html

I think you can just join the thread - better than two separate threads on same issue, right ? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP not working in cron

Hi, I have a simple script that is trying to put a file that resides on a local machine to a remote machine. It runs fine manually but does not complete when scheduling to run in cron. Here is what the script looks like. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? #!/bin/ksh cd /path sftp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewilson0265
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp not working as cronjob

hi, I have a script that will automatically login into a server and get a file. it is working fine if i run it on a command line. however, when i tried to run it as a cron job, it is not working. what should i do? set timeout -1 spawn /usr/bin/sftp user1@server1 match_max 100000 expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP password automation

I am working on a script to automate and SFTP that I am currently doing to a company that does not allow for a .ssh profile to be created. I have search and read about the -b option and am wondering if i can get some more information about it. I tried to right a file containing the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaycheetwood
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP automation with password/passphrase

Hi All, We have a special requirement from our client, we need to automate one of the sftp job with password authentication. I know sftp can be automated with Key authentication, but this is not what I am looking for. Can some body help me, a method like .netrc in FTP automation or like sftp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another sftp automation question

Hello, I've read quite a few of the sftp questions and answers on the forum but I believe my situation is slightly different. I need to automate an sftp transfer to a host that requires not only a ssh publickey, but also a password. When I try using sftp in batch mode, supplying a "user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n3llyb0y
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp autologin is working but ...

Dears, I am new to linux scripting and I was look for a way to auto login to a server using sftp to download a file. I found one and it is working fine. But i don't know the meaning of <<EOF in the code. Any one explain it to me: #!/bin/sh HOST=yourservername USER=yourusername ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: torabi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp commands not working in shell script

hi, i am having 2 linux boxes as source and 1 linux box as destination.i want to create a shell script containing code to transfer a csv file from either of the 2 linux boxes (file will be present in just one box, i need to check both the boxes to see which box has the csv file) to 3rd linux box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxlearn2013
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sftp command not working

What is wrong with this sftp command being used in one line: sftp /Data/SEmisstn.gz lsmsadit@144.226.213.23:/test/lsms.SEmisstn.gz The ssh key is already setup. The node is valid and i can ssh to it as well as do a manual step by step sftp to the server. However, for some odd reason, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sftp script not working - Please help

I have the below sftp script to transfer a file from a linux host(source) to another linux host(target). Public key is already set up in target host and I am able to transfer file using sftp from source to target. But not sure why the below script(ftp_script) is not working. Any help in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mget with SFTP is not working

hi Team, I am connecting from one (A) linux server to another(C)/any linux server by sftp on A linux server: sftp userid@C password: mget is Not working fine I am using mget to pull the files. it shows mget as invalid command. But from (B) Linux server to (C) /to Any server Linux... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
15 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)