Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu establishing connection with e-kermit running on LINUX from my operating system Post 302567288 by bicepjai on Sunday 23rd of October 2011 08:31:49 PM
Old 10-23-2011
Question establishing connection with e-kermit running on LINUX from my operating system

we designed a primitive operating system for learning basics fundamentals and we created process switching, interrupt/polled IO for device drivers like UART and printers. We accomplish this by using our own tools called SPEDE (for downloading compiled elf image from host ubuntu system that have SPEDE specific old c compiler to the target system RAM using UART com1 port). One of my project work is to extend this to write device drivers for IDE and integrate file system say FAT16 and download files from host to target using another UART cable-connection.
url is
github.com/bicepjai/nanos/tree/master/nanos_src

I am in the last part of downloading and used simple e-kermit to download files from host to target, but i am facing problems like data loss in transmission. I have taken out all the extra code and have the code just for downloading files from host to target in
the url is
github.com/bicepjai/nanos/tree/master/download_file_uart

The code have some printf statements, but they are omitted since it takes more time to execute. I have disabled the interrupt driven system and using polled IO for preventing any kind of loss. still i have data loss in transmission and have been trying to get over it for more than a month.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Kermit- dialup and network connection

hi all, Using kermit, i made serial dialup connetion between two PCs through telephone line and transfered files trough this line. The code appears as like this, set modem type generic #Setting the modem type. set modem data-compression on #Data compression on to speed up transfer.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem establishing Connection on the LAN

Hi everybody i need your help on this I have LAN which run Sun microsystem with solaris 7 OS on each of the servers. The LAN was working fine before an interruption of power supply which makes servers to operating as standalone servers. i.e none of the servers have access to one another. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmada
2 Replies

3. SuSE

NoMachine NX window closes after establishing connection

Hi, I am trying to use nomachine nx server and client. But somehow it doen't work. What happens is the following: 1.- Client starts up 2.- Client authenticates with Server 3.- The NoMachine window appears for 2-4 seconds 4.- The NoMachine window exists Somehow a "closeEvent" is sent.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackicecube
3 Replies

4. AIX

Can I install AIX operating system on a PC that is running windows 7?

Hi All, I was wondering if I can install AIX 6.1 on my D harddrive and have Windows 7 on my C harddrive. If so, can anybody help me with the installation of AIX? I am totally new to AIX and don't know how to install it. Tried getting info from google on how to install AIX but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_Beginner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating system LINUX

Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced. Each product will be produced in different production line. Ready products will be placed in a buffer area located at the end of each production line. Packaging workers will pack the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paradise
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Linux

Linux Operating system concepts

hi guys, i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as dis product is wrriten in c++ am workin in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn abt Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.march
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp connection not establishing from Linux to DataPower

Hi Everyone, I am trying to send files from Linux to DataPower server using public key based authentication but it's not working as expected and every-time password expecting for sftp transfer. Can someone please help on this? Steps I fallowed: Created keys pair at source server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
4 Replies
download(1)							   User Commands						       download(1)

NAME
download - host resident PostScript font downloader SYNOPSIS
download [-f] [-p printer] [-m name] [-H directory] [file]... /usr/lib/lp/postscript/download DESCRIPTION
download prepends host resident fonts to files and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. download assumes the input files make up a single PostScript job and that requested fonts can be included at the start of each input file. Requested fonts are named in a comment (marked with %%DocumentFonts:) in the input files. Available fonts are the ones listed in the map table selected using the -m option. The map table consists of fontname-file pairs. The fontname is the full name of the PostScript font, exactly as it would appear in a %%Doc- umentFonts: comment. The file is the pathname of the host resident font. A file that begins with a / is used as is. Otherwise the pathname is relative to the host font directory. Comments are introduced by % (as in PostScript) and extend to the end of the line. The only candidates for downloading are fonts listed in the map table that point download to readable files. A font is downloaded once, at most. Requests for unlisted fonts or inaccessible files are ignored. All requests are ignored if the map table can not be read. OPTIONS
-f Force a complete scan of each input file. In the absence of an explicit comment pointing download to the end of the file, the default scan stops immediately after the PostScript header comments. -p printer Check the list of printer-resident fonts in /etc/lp/printers/printer/residentfonts before downloading. -m name Use name as the font map table. A name that begins with / is the full pathname of the map table and is used as is. Other- wise name is appended to the pathname of the host font directory. -H directory Use dir as the host font directory. The default is /usr/lib/lp/postscript. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Examples of the download command. The following map table could be used to control the downloading of the Bookman font family: % % The first string is the full PostScript font name. The second string % is the file name - relative to the host font directory unless it begins % with a /. % Bookman-Light bookman/light Bookman-LightItalic bookman/lightitalic Bookman-Demi bookman/demi Bookman-DemiItalic bookman/demiitalic Using the file myprinter/map (in the default host font directory) as the map table, you could download fonts by issuing the following command: example% download -m myprinter/map file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The download program should be part of a more general program. download does not look for %%PageFonts: comments and there is no way to force multiple downloads of a particular font. Using full pathnames in either map tables or the names of map tables is not recommended. SunOS 5.11 9 Sep 1996 download(1)