Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Forward X11 Putty+Xming without $HOME Post 302567264 by kl1ngac1k on Sunday 23rd of October 2011 02:58:06 PM
Old 10-23-2011
yes sure, as said, it usually works, when the User $home is present

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Xclient with xming on MSW to HPUX X11 / VUE 10.20

I was looking for a free tool to use a xclient on my Notebook to work with my CAD program on HPUX. I found and installed Xming and xlaunch - very nice an easy, after configured it connects to my HP C3600 WS 10.20 and I get the vue login. I can use the complete vue - only the right mouse key... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dlanor
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Job execution through Xming

Hello, Every evening I run few shell scripts on AIX Production Box, One shell script takes about one hour to complete and does some DB updation and application processing etc. The shell scripts are getting launched from prompt and not through cron or any scheduler as they require some manual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Xming solaris

hello everyone, i recently got a Sun V245 server,after solaris 10 install i had to find a way of viewing a GUI for this machine. Buying a frame buffer or a sun workstation was not an option for the company that i work, so i desided to do a little search about this problem. I came accross Xming and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: walkinghead
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure Xming

Hi , I installed Xming on my laptop . I have a remote server Sun Solaris 10, When I lanch xlaunch and do these export DISPLAY=10.149.132.111:0.0 xterm & Myserver:/Allsuite/test/dev/ENV23>xterm & 15071 Myserver:/Allsuite/test/dev/ENV23>bash: xterm: command not found It works fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Iptables forward traffic to forward chain!!!

Hi, I am new to linux stuff. I want to use linux iptables to configure rule so that all my incoming traffic with protocol "tcp" is forwarded to the "FORWARD CHAIN". The traffic i am dealing with has destination addresss of my machine but i want to block it from coming to input chain and somehow... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

8. AIX

Multiple sessions with xming

Hi. I installed xming to access to my servers but I have a problem : i can only have one session at a time ... i don't find any parameter to change this. Tks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
3 Replies

9. AIX

Xming XTERM Emulation

Hello, everyone. I have successfully installed Xming and I am using Putty to connect to AIX 6.1. I am able to run xclock etc and they display graphically well, when I execute xterm I am getting a proper aixterm window but if I type in it I get characters different than the one I typed, I do not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies
libssh2_channel_x11_req_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual				     libssh2_channel_x11_req_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_x11_req_ex - request an X11 forwarding channel SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_channel_x11_req_ex(LIBSSH2_CHANNEL *channel, int single_connection, const char *auth_proto, const char *auth_cookie, int screen_number); int libssh2_channel_x11_req(LIBSSH2_CHANNEL *channel, int screen_number); DESCRIPTION
channel - Previously opened channel instance such as returned by libssh2_channel_open_ex(3) single_connection - non-zero to only forward a single connection. auth_proto - X11 authentication protocol to use auth_cookie - the cookie (hexadecimal encoded). screen_number - the XLL screen to forward Request an X11 forwarding on channel. To use X11 forwarding, libssh2_session_callback_set(3) must first be called to set LIBSSH2_CALL- BACK_X11. This callback will be invoked when the remote host accepts the X11 forwarding. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_CHANNEL_REQUEST_DENIED - SEE ALSO
libssh2_channel_open_ex(3) libssh2_session_callback_set(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_x11_req_ex(3)