Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP check if file exists
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP check if file exists Post 302567143 by phpsnook on Saturday 22nd of October 2011 12:58:26 PM
Old 10-22-2011
i figured out a way to use batch file to check if the done file is there. i find is the file is there using the verbose mode of sftp. downside of using batch is that there will not be any return codes.

Well fo rnow it works . is there a better way ? would love to do it that way ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file exists from a shellscript

Hi, I have a list of files that I want to check to see if they exist and then count how many of these files exist, I also want to do the same for the files that arent found. I have done this by creating temp files see below but want ot do this using variables instead: for FILE in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonydsam
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file exists

Hi, I am trying to write a script which checks if any file exists with "*.log" or "*.out" in Directory below is the code #------------------ path=/abd/xyz/ if ; then echo "Good" else echo "Failure" fi #-------------------------- its always going to else part and printing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed. The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check that at least one file exists in the directory.

There are some files with suffix dates like abc_20032019.dat abc_17032019.dat If at least one file exists then perform some operation else exit from execution. Korn shell ---------------------------------- array=($inputdir/abc*.dat) If ] ] then echo " file exits" else echo " file does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
10 Replies
libssh2_sftp_init(3)						  libssh2 manual					      libssh2_sftp_init(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_init - open SFTP channel for the given SSH session. SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> LIBSSH2_SFTP * libssh2_sftp_init(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) Open a channel and initialize the SFTP subsystem. Although the SFTP subsystem operates over the same type of channel as those exported by the Channel API, the protocol itself implements its own unique binary packet protocol which must be managed with the libssh2_sftp_*() fam- ily of functions. When an SFTP session is complete, it must be destroyed using the libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to the newly allocated SFTP instance or NULL on failure. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_init(3)