Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting moving files which have a datetime >= currentdate-N Post 302567142 by rahul125 on Saturday 22nd of October 2011 12:58:20 PM
Old 10-22-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMonster
The "-mtime" option in "find" command is what you need.

Hi,

so if i have a properties file...shown below..
Code:
#############################################  #
Properties file for moving files 
 ############################################# 

#This is the source directoy from where the files will be picked up
 SrcDirectory=/home/Administrator/files  

#This directory path should end with a slash(/) 
DestDirectory=/home/Administrator/output/  

#Configurable N days value is assumed here of 2 days
 Days=2

and there is my another main script file which is reading the parameters
from this properties file

Code:
awk -F = '/Days=/{days=$2}/SrcDirectory=/{src=$2}/DestDirectory=/{dest=$2}END{print days, src, dest}' archive.config  |while read DAYS INDIR OUTDIR do      find $INDIR -type f "!" -mtime $DAYS -exec mv {} $OUTDIR \; done

Now when i run this main script file it transfers all the files from files
folder to output folder for example todays date is 22/10/2011 and I
want the files from 22/10/2011(current date) to 20/10/2011
(that is current date - 2 days) should be get moved to the output
folder,but this not happening,please guide me what should I do to make this
logic to be there..!! thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files ??

I am using AIX Version 5.1 If I moved a file say using this command but the directory rpt did not exist would this dump the file? I went back to the directory I was moving it from and the file was gone and when I looked in the directory I moved it to of course that directory was not found.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files

Hi There, I am trying to move files, the file is present in this location: /iAm4Free/test/generate/txt/information.txt I need to move it to: /iAm4Free/test1/generate/txt/information.txt The only difference is the "test" is replaced with "test1". But the constraint is. The parent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iAm4Free
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Files Based on Datetime Stamp

I have a Unix directory, let's call it /home/id for example purposes. It contains the following files: oldfile.txt.20091101, oldfile.txt.20091102, oldfile.txt.20091103, etc. I am trying to create a Korn Shell script that will go to /home/id and delete any oldfile.txt that has a datetime stamp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijmoore
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files

Hi I need to be able to move files from one central locations to different servers on our network. So i want all of our operators to place files to one area on the main storage area. From there i need a script that first checks the file is stable (finished copying) then copy to another server,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving the files in a.txt files to a different directory

HI All, I am coding a shell script which will pick all the .csv files in a particular directoryand write it in to a .txt file, this .txt file i will use as a source in datastage for processing. now after the processing is done I have to move and archive all the files in the .txt file to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhasri_2020
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Multiple files to destination files

I am running a code like this foreach list ($tmp) mv *_${list}.txt ${chart}_${list}.txt #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory mv *_${list}.doc ${chart}_${list}.doc #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files to VM

Hi guys, i need to test a script on my RedHat which it's mounted on a VirtualBox (oracle VM). So i need to copy a directory with subdirectories, from a remote host to my VM. I'd like to do that within cmd not with program like Filezilla or something like that. Any idea please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
4 Replies

9. AIX

Moving Hidden files to normal files

I have a bunch of hidden files in a directory in AIX. I would like to move these hidden files as regular files to another directory. Say i have the following files in directory /x .test~1234~567 .report~5678~123 .find~9876~576 i would like to move them to directory /y as test~1234~567... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh.narain
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files between two datetime..

Hi All, How do i find all the files between two times. Eg: 26 may 2014 06:00 to 26 may 2014 14:00 mmin and mtime gives for a specific period. we receive hundreds of files input directories and i need to find how many files are received between given specific datetime. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies
wxDatePickerCtrl(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition					    wxDatePickerCtrl(3erl)

NAME
wxDatePickerCtrl - See external documentation: wxDatePickerCtrl. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxDatePickerCtrl . This class is derived (and can use functions) from: wxPickerBase wxControl wxWindow wxEvtHandler DATA TYPES
wxDatePickerCtrl() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
new() -> wxDatePickerCtrl() See external documentation . new(Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Id::integer()) -> wxDatePickerCtrl() Equivalent to new(Parent, Id, []) . new(Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Id::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> wxDatePickerCtrl() Types Option = {date, datetime() (see module wx)} | {pos, {X::integer(), Y::integer()}} | {size, {W::integer(), H::integer()}} | {style, integer()} | {validator, wx() (see module wx)} See external documentation . getRange(This::wxDatePickerCtrl(), Dt1::datetime() (see module wx), Dt2::datetime() (see module wx)) -> bool() See external documentation . getValue(This::wxDatePickerCtrl()) -> datetime() (see module wx) See external documentation . setRange(This::wxDatePickerCtrl(), Dt1::datetime() (see module wx), Dt2::datetime() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . setValue(This::wxDatePickerCtrl(), Date::datetime() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . destroy(This::wxDatePickerCtrl()) -> ok Destroys this object, do not use object again AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxDatePickerCtrl(3erl)