Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert .sh to .csh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert .sh to .csh Post 302567055 by sraj142 on Saturday 22nd of October 2011 02:12:36 AM
Old 10-22-2011
Convert .sh to .csh

Hi All,
Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ?

proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test`
if [ ! -n "$proc_id" ]
then
echo "File is not being used by any thing"
fi
if [ $proc_id -ne "21" ]
then
echo "File is being used... please wait"
sleep 1
fi

Regards.

---------- Post updated at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:33 AM ----------

please see this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert things from csh to sh

i have this method in csh that check for file exist. #check that file exists if ( ! -e $6$5 ) then echo $6$5 Not Found exit 8 endif however i wanted in to be in just sh. so i change the code to: if ; then echo $6$5 Not Found exit 8 fi I get error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Convert to CSH File

Hi Everyone, I have a body of code that I'd like to know how to convert to a csh file. In Unix, under a directory, I wish to ls into each of its subdirectories: In Unix prompt I type foreach i(*) foreach? ls $i foreach? end however, when I try to store this body of code in .csh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommms
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert from Csh to Perl

Hi , I am trying to convert the below code embedded in a csh script to Perl. Can any expert give me some advice on this ? sed -n ''"$start_line"',$ p' $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted.txt|cut -c1-4,6-|/bin/perl $test_summary/compare_for_all _Duts.pl|sort > $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted1.txt (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh to .csh

Hi All, Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ? proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test` if then echo "File is not being used by any thing" fi if then echo "File is being used... please wait" sleep 1 fi Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from csh to sh

Dear all I am installing some eda software using script. My OS is ubuntu 10.04 and the eda software writing in csh. Since ubuntu reading script file in sh writting. I need someone can help me to convert some definition in script from csh to sh. Below is part of script set archinfo =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tompham
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any script to convert sh to csh ?

Hi All Is there anyone who have the script to covnert a sh sell script to csh and can share with me? Thanks a lot! Nick:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolast0604
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF

Hi, I am currently using the below code and it throws an error saying badly placed ()'s. I am not sure if this right way to convert html to PDF, please help..I am using C-shell script system ("../html2doc pdf 1000 portrait html$prnfile.html $prnfile.pdf ") print "Content-type:application/pdf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
7 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)