Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Analyzing CPU usage
Operating Systems AIX Analyzing CPU usage Post 302567038 by newaix on Friday 21st of October 2011 11:54:09 PM
Old 10-22-2011
System uptime is 636 days. To get a downtime also not easy.

i will provide outputs on monday.

Below are current values

Code:
code :
minperm = 248428
minperm% = 5
minfree = 960
maxfree = 1088
ru_file_repage = 0
lru_poll_interval = 10
lrubucket = 131072
j2_maxPageReadAhead = 128
j2_maxPageReadAhead = 128
j2_maxRandomWrite = 0
j2_maxUsableMaxTransfer = 512
maxpgahead = 16
maxrandwrt = 0
j2_dynamicBufferPreallocation = 32
j2_nBufferPerPagerDevice = 512
pv_min_pbuf = 512
numfsbufs = 294

>>actually the server has 4 virtual cpus, is entitled to use 3.6 and being p5 that means 8 threads >>

Can you please clarify this.

Regards
newaix

Last edited by zxmaus; 10-22-2011 at 08:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cpu usage

hi, In response to your cpu usage answer I too read sys/sysinfo.h but , if we put these values to access the repective time fields in the array pst_cpu_time which is a member of the structure pst_dynamic values doesn't seem to match, why is like this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
0 Replies

2. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu usage

when i got the cpu usage values of the all process running in my sytem i see that 140% of the cpu is used. (using ps aux command) i have a 4 cpu system. can we say that averagely 35% of each cpu is used? and if i want to speak more precisely, how can i find out that, which cpu is used at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
4 Replies

4. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU usage

can anyone tell me How to check memory and CPU usage of a certain process (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccp
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

10. AIX

Overall CPU Usage

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum. This is my first post, so first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a SAS Analyst programmer working for an Health Insurance client. SAS is installed on a 16 CPU AIX Server with partitions running with shared processor. I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhiim2003
2 Replies
BLOCKDEV(8)						       System Administration						       BLOCKDEV(8)

NAME
blockdev - call block device ioctls from the command line SYNOPSIS
blockdev [-q] [-v] command [command...] device [device...] blockdev --report [device...] DESCRIPTION
The utility blockdev allows one to call block device ioctls from the command line. OPTIONS
-V Print version and exit. -q Be quiet. -v Be verbose. --report Print a report for the specified device. It is possible to give multiple devices. If none is given, all devices which appear in /proc/partitions are shown. Note that the partition StartSec is in 512-byte sectors. COMMANDS
It is possible to give multiple devices and multiple commands. --flushbufs Flush buffers. --getalignoff Get alignment offset. --getbsz Print blocksize in bytes. --getdiscardzeroes Get discard zeroes support status. --getfra Get filesystem readahead in 512-byte sectors. --getiomin Get minimum I/O size. --getioopt Get optimal I/O size. --getmaxsect Get max sectors per request --getpbsz Get physical block (sector) size. --getra Print readahead (in 512-byte sectors). --getro Get read-only. Print 1 if the device is read-only, 0 otherwise. --getsize64 Print device size in bytes. --getsize Print device size (32-bit!) in sectors. Deprecated in favor of the --getsz option. --getss Print sectorsize in bytes - usually 512. --getsz Get size in 512-byte sectors. --rereadpt Reread partition table --setbsz bytes Set blocksize. --setfra sectors Set filesystem readahead (same like --setra on 2.6 kernels). --setra sectors Set readahead (in 512-byte sectors). --setro Set read-only. --setrw Set read-write. AUTHOR
blockdev was written by Andries E. Brouwer and rewritten by Karel Zak. AVAILABILITY
The blockdev command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2010 BLOCKDEV(8)