Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: backup linux like aix
Operating Systems AIX backup linux like aix Post 302567012 by perlb4php on Friday 21st of October 2011 05:53:11 PM
Old 10-21-2011
There is a company called Storix that makes a mksysb-like product for Linux and Solaris. I just downloaded it to try for my Solaris 11 systems. Gonna play with Linux version too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX backup --> Linux Restore

Hi all, I have a large number of backup tapes which were originally written with the AIX "backup" command. I now need to convert these to "tar" format, but unfortunately I no longer have access to an AIX machine. I have been able to connect the old tape drive (3590) to a Linux box and it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jauru
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX backup and restore

Hello, Some background so you can see what I'm trying to do on AIX: In Windows its possible to partition a single hard drive into 2 separate logical paritions which may appear as a C and a D drive. It is then possible to to use 3rd party software such as Power Quest Drive Image to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with AIX and backup command

:) Hi my name is Ricardo !!!! I am using backup command in order to backup a server which its running AIX operating system. But I want to backup more than one filesytem in my script, this script send my backup to /dev/rmt0 (tape drive). my trouble is that I donīt know how to tell my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickie
1 Replies

4. AIX

Aix backup error

Hi I am receiving the following backup error when using backup -0uf /dev/rmt0.1 for the file system backup: Backing up /dev/rfslv00 (/u04) to /dev/rmt0.1. backup: 0511-251 The file system is still mounted; data may not be consistent. Use the umount command to unmount the filesystem;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

5. AIX

Backup AIX to DVDs

Hello, Is there a way to backup AIX to CD's? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup on aix

Hello everyone I have a 3583 tape library on my Aix servers. (aix 5.3) Im install hypertape software for backup datebase, files, etc. I have a question. on my directory devices I have this rmt crw-rw-rwT 1 root system 42, 1 Jan 18 21:57 rmt1.1 crw-rw-rwT 1 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX script, help I'm just a backup!

Hello, I am trying to get the following Lawson command to work in an AIX script for a developer and I'm stumped, the Admin for this server is on vacation and I have very limited AIX scripting knowledge, I cannot seem to get this to work no matter what I try... lawcmp test900 ap HM500 This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_aix
1 Replies

8. AIX

Can a pax backup in AIX be restored into Linux?

Dear all experts, I would like to know if a pax command backup of AIX files can be restored into Linux environment run in Wintel server? Currently I have a Full database backup using "pax" command in AIX box(IBM pSeries), the new management decison of the new server is on Wintel server which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
5 Replies

9. AIX

Backup software for AIX

Hello, Looking for some backup software for AIX , once tivoli is bit expensive , i'm searching for alternatives, do you guys have some experience with some other software? Cheers, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
6 Replies

10. AIX

AIX backup solutions

Currently I am backing up AIX to tape. I would like to setup a back that goes to another server either windows or linux that we already backup and send offsite automatically. Is this possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
5 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)