Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting two perl scripts together... triming whitespace off of recently parsed file Post 302566965 by Astrocloud on Friday 21st of October 2011 02:24:05 PM
Old 10-21-2011
Sorry, I've been away... (work full time + full time student + some "email" emergency + caffeine withdrawal etc)

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm trying to learn Perl and finding it syntactically different than other C-like languages. (I've most recently been using VBA for data analysis)

But basically even though this code is going to be used... I'm also trying to learn what is going on.

Thanks Everyone.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp most recently modified file

Hi what is the most optimum way to ftp the most recently modified file starting with a particular string. i tried this ftp -n 2>logfile 1>&2 <<EOF open xxxxxx user xxxx xxxx prompt ls -ltr f* res !var=`tail -1 |awk { print $9 }'` bye EOF that gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running many PERL scripts in one file

Hi, I have many PERL scripts in my system(Solaris 10 UNIX OS).I want to define all scripts in one file and run.Please suggest how to define. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts

Hi Friends, I'm writing code to update a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts. I've around 2000 PERL scripts which need to register their entries into a CSV file. Hence, I'm inserting following line code in all the 2000 PERL scripts. open(FILE,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match (whitespace digits whitespace) sequence?

Hi Following is an example line. echo "192.22.22.22 \"33dffwef\" 200 300 dsdsd" | sed "s:\(\ *\ \):\1:" I want it's output to be 200 However this is not the case. Can you tell me how to do it? I don't want to use AWK for this. Secondly, how can i fetch just 300? Should I use "\2"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahanali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a recently updated file

Hi, I am looking for a command to search for a specific file which was recently modified in the current directory leaving some unwanted files to be listed. For example, when I try ls - lrt it shows the following output. I want to ommit the files with the name 'resend' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging

Hi, If I want to write perl program that simulated Least Recently Loaded(LRL) to calculate page fault: The user must input page access and number of page fram that need to be greater than 3 Example Page Access: 5, 3, 4, 1, 7, 5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 1, 4, 6 Frames: 3 PA: 5 3 4 1 7 5 3 2 3 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triming a string

Hi i have an input " load /appss/asdfas/... I want to take the string present between first / / i.e appss Input is "load /appss/asdfas/..." Expected output is appss Thanks in advance Ananth (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and move files parsed from cvs file

I need help with a bash script. We have a directory of files which need to be renamed and moved to another directory based on filename information in a cvs file. The contents of the cvs file are as follows: A102345,abc123 A102347,dfg475 Where dfg475 is the basename without extension Our... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lloyd Boyette
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting s Perl module into your own script

Hi We have to create a perl script..for part of a project I ceated a script that called another perl module use AppUtil::VMUtil; But have been told that we need to incorpurate that module into my script...(with comments) Would you know how to copy or place a module from one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olearydc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Triming the data in a file.

Hi, I have a big csv file with below data. file: La Cage Aux Folles (Widescreen) Famous Mystics and Psychics A Passion for Planning Financials Operations Marketing Management and Ethics Precious Moments Holy Bible New King James Version Precious Angels Edition Blue Practical Recording... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
9 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)