Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flood Messages in maillog
Operating Systems Solaris Flood Messages in maillog Post 302566868 by vishalaswani on Friday 21st of October 2011 10:44:58 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Can you add mailhost to /etc/hosts with blockedcontent.
Code:
blockedcontent       blockedcontent      mailhost

Restart sendmail and try sending a mail with below
Code:
mailx -vvv -s "test from zone" xxxx@xxx.com < /dev/null

Also, are you using DNS in you environment, if yes then we need to generate new sendmail.cf and submit.cf files to use blockedcontent as the relay for sending mails, otherwise remove dns from the hosts alias in /etc/nsswitch.conf file and again restart sendmail and try a test mail.

Do paste the outputs.

Regards,
Vishal

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

maillog - Error Message

dear expert Im using shell script to send mail from unix server. My script like below: #! /bin/sh -f # Set necessary variables #export PATH #PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/contrib/bin PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:$PATH; export PATH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

maillog extract

Hi all, below are some text extracted from maillog. I have a cronjob running at 1720 daily and it will send mails to me. it was working fine on the 27 Sept.Sep 27 17:20:01 venus sendmail: k8R9K0OR032710: from=user1, size=580, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200609270920.k8R9K0OR032710@venus.domain.com>,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

maillog errrors

Watching my maillog this morning i have discovered some errors but I cant track down whats causing them. Jun 16 11:04:12 ws096 sendmail: m5GExW7e006613: Milter (spamass-milter): timeout before data read Jun 16 11:04:12 ws096 sendmail: m5GExW7e006613: Milter (spamass-milter): to error state Jun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/log/maillog isn't updating. Postfix related

can someone please help me figure how i can get maillog to start updating again? it just all of a sudden stopped. and postfix isn't writing to it anymore. I'm running a Ubuntu box 8.04 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Stop flood - how ?

Hello there, I want to know what are the ways to monitorize and control/stop flooding on my server, because I am heavily flooded. At this moment I am doing all this manually (when I see that my bandwidth is lowering or some applications are freezing), my main working tool being iptables.But I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiriad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why there are /var/adm/messages.0,messages.1,messages.2,messages.3

Hi folks, In what circumstance does the log move to /var/adm/messages.0.......messages.1,messages.2,messages.3 .......etc ---------- Post updated at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:17 PM ---------- To make my questions more understandable, What are the processes that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep out ONLY subject from maillog

I have the following entries in maillog. I need to grep out only the subject part from the following entries. Maillog contain following entries. 2013-11-14 03:30:02 1Vgnd4-001qwZ-36 <= user@domain.com U=user P=local S=9797 id=cd3732bbd0fbda5cb16384bb7d5b465d@localhost.localdomain T="Subject... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter maillog

Hi, I need to take them all fields SendTo and ip address from a file maillog First I look at all emails from containing the empty field. # zcat /var/log/mail/maillog-20140331.server1.gz | grep "from=<>" | awk '{print $6}' > 1.txt output: Mar 30 23:31:24 servidor1 postfix/smtpd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jomeaide
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Flood in the inner circle of provider's Internet

The hardware in the inner circle in the provider's network worked incorrectly and therefore there was flood for an hour. They said that it wouldn't repeat again anymore, and that that flood was not in our user network. Is this 100% correct? (As there was no Internet because of that flood we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies
mailstats(1)							   User Commands						      mailstats(1)

NAME
mailstats - print statistics collected by sendmail SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-c ] [-C configfile] [-f statisticsfile] [-p] [-P] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility prints out the statistics collected by the sendmail(1M) program on mailer usage. These statistics are collected if the file indicated by the StatusFile configuration option of sendmail (defined in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf) exists. The default statistics file is /etc/mail/statistics. To enable mailstats, you must, as root, touch /etc/mail/statistics. See the StatusFile processing option in sendmail(1M). mailstats first prints the time that the statistics file was created and the last time it was modified. Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following whitespace-separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected by the mailer. msgsdis Number of messages discarded by the mailer. msgsqur Number of messages quarantined by the mailer. Mailer The name of the mailer. The display of statistics described above is followed by a separation line containing only equal sign (=) characters. After the separation line, a line preceded with a "T" and totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed. This is followed by another line preceded with a "C" that lists the number of TCP connections. To reinitialize the statistics file once a night, add an entry to root's crontab(1): mailstats -p > /dev/null OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -C configfile Specify a sendmail configuration file. -f statisticsfile Specify a sendmail statistics file. -o Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of mailstats when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). FILES
/dev/null Zero-lined file /etc/mail/statistics Default sendmail statistics file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Output Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
crontab(1), cron(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Jun 2004 mailstats(1)