Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read all lines after a string appears in the file. Post 302566865 by birei on Friday 21st of October 2011 10:34:14 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Hi Nagaraja Akkiva,

Two doubts:
1.- What does second step mean?
2.- What must be the output?

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read lines one by one from a file

I have one file in which some commands have written line line i have to read lines from this file(file name passed as avariable) and then i have to execute these commands.. how can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bihani4u
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

input a string and copy lines from a file with that string on it

i have a file1 with many lines. i have a script that will let me input a string. for example, APPLE. what i need to do is to copy all lines from file1 where i can find APPLE or any string that i specify and paste in on file 2 thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read text between two lines containing a string

Hi, I have text file like the following: Start a b 121 c d End Start a 31 e f End Start p o i k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file, and replace certain string with another string?

Hi all, the value in the following file is just an example. It could be a different value/network addresses. Here is my example of initial output in a file name net.txt Initial Output, net.txt The goal is to produce the following format which is to convert from CIDR to Netmask... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
sasl_server_step(10 July 2001)											    sasl_server_step(10 July 2001)

NAME
sasl_server_step - Perform a step in the authentication negotiation SYNOPSIS
#include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_server_step(sasl_conn_t *conn, const char *clientin, unsigned clientinlen, const char ** serverout, unsigned * serveroutlen); DESCRIPTION
sasl_server_step() performs a step in the authentication negotiation. It returns SASL_OK if the whole negotiation is successful and SASL_CONTINUE if this step is ok but at least one more step is needed. conn is the SASL connection context clientin is the data given by the client (decoded if the protocol encodes requests sent over the wire) clientinlen is the length of cli- entin serverout and serveroutlen are set by the library and should be sent to the client. RETURN VALUE
sasl_server_step returns an integer which corresponds to one of the SASL error codes. SASL_CONTINUE indicates success and that there are more steps needed in the authentication. SASL_OK indicates that the authentication is complete. All other return codes indicate errors and should either be handled or the authentication session should be quit. CONFORMING TO
RFC 2222 SEE ALSO
sasl(3), sasl_errors(3), sasl_server_init(3), sasl_server_new(3), sasl_server_start(3) SASL man pages SASL sasl_server_step(10 July 2001)