Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 Express - freezes on startup! Post 302566759 by Smokin Whale on Friday 21st of October 2011 05:06:01 AM
Old 10-21-2011
No, I haven't tried a verbose boot. Could you fill me in how this works? I typed "verbose boot solaris 11 express" into google and the top result was this thread. Haha :/

Last edited by Smokin Whale; 10-21-2011 at 06:28 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 freezes up while logging in.....!!!!

Hi all, I have installed Solaris along with Xp ....The installation was successful... I get the Grub menu displaying Solaris along with Win Xp....After i select Solaris the following happens, "Failed to initialize inband hotplug controller" The above message repeats three times & i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codewarrior
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter solaris express

Hello, | am trying to setup ipfilter on solaris express snv_91 but I don't seem to have the following file available. /etc/ipf/pfil.ap Is this an older way of configuring the interface?, I have all the packages installed. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 freezes at the beginning of an installation

Just as the subject says, I'm having trouble with Solaris 10 (08/05) freezing on me at the beginning of an installation. (While I'm new to Unix, I have messed around with a few versions of Linux, and I'm not unfamiliar with installing OS's on machines -- I will try to provide as much... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbyram82
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Express or OpenIndiana

Simply question which should I use. correct me if I'm wrong but Solaris Express is taking the place of Opensolaris and is officially sanctioned by Oracle and OpenIndiana is what used to be OpenSolaris. If I opt for OpenIndiana is it going to follow the official Oracle Solaris releases or are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael78
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSolaris, Solaris, Solaris Express - differences

What are the differences between these systems? I have to use Oracle's product but I do not know who to choose (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
3 Replies

6. Solaris

In doubt to install Solaris 11 Express

Hi guys. I'm in doubt to install Solaris 11 Express or to install Solaris 10. I tried it a few months ago and that was totally disaster because Solaris 11 was slow as my granny :wall: My PC from my perspective has more than enough HW power to run Solaris 11. OS Name: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express - cannot reboot remotely

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. I have problems trying to reboot the computer remotely. When I log to the local console as the root-user and run reboot everything is fine. But when I log in remotely from a Windows machine using putty and do the same, the computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies
MKBOOTDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKBOOTDISK(8)

NAME
mkbootdisk - creates a stand-alone boot floppy for the running system SYNOPSIS
mkbootdisk [--version] [--noprompt] [--verbose] [--device devicefile] [--size size] [--kernelargs <args>] [--iso] kernel DESCRIPTION
mkbootdisk creates a boot floppy appropriate for the running system. The boot disk is entirely self-contained, and includes an initial ramdisk image which loads any necessary SCSI modules for the system. The created boot disk looks for the root filesystem on the device sug- gested by /etc/fstab. The only required argument is the kernel version to put onto the boot floppy. OPTIONS
--device devicefile The boot image is created on devicefile. If --device is not specified, /dev/fd0 is used. If devicefile does not exist mkinitrd cre- ates a 1.44Mb floppy image using devicefile as the filename. --noprompt Normally, mkbootdisk instructs the user to insert a floppy and waits for confirmation before continuing. If --noprompt is specified, no prompt is displayed. --verbose Instructs mkbootdisk to talk about what it's doing as it's doing it. Normally, there is no output from mkbootdisk. --iso Instructs mkbootdisk to make a bootable ISO image as devicefile. --version Displays the version of mkbootdisk and exits. --kernelargs args Adds args to the arguments appended on the kernel command line. If this is not specified mkbootdisk uses grubby to parse the argu- ments for the default kernel from grub.conf, if possible. --size size Uses ize (in kilobytes) as the size of the image to use for the boot disk. If this is not specified, mkbootdisk will assume a stan- dard 1.44Mb floppy device. SEE ALSO
grubby(8) mkinitrd(1) AUTHOR
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue Mar 31 1998 MKBOOTDISK(8)