Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Noob scripting question with android ADB commands Post 302566704 by Onyoursix on Friday 21st of October 2011 12:02:09 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Oh man that command is money! Thank you!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob learning Unix: backup commands

I am trying to learn some unix here and i have some question that i would like to ask: What's the most basic backup command? What is the command to pause a backup? What is the command to resume backup? Can we backup a job that is running ? How can we pause the backup of the job and than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lotusx
1 Replies

2. Android

Example Linux Commands on Android

In case you are interested, here is a partial list of linux-like commands on Android OS: /sbin adbd devmgr recovery dfta init dfta.sh fat.format redbend_ua /system/bin (partial list) sh date netstat mount umount (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NOOB - Scripting to make an App work

Hello everyone. i work in a school and i ran into an application today that is a real pickle. i know how to make it work, but i would need to script it. The way to make it work would be to have a script check each local user profile on login, see if the directory already exists, do nothing... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: jscan
27 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob to Shell Scripting

Hello. I'm attempting to create a shell script to assist me by saving time with one of my hobbies. I am an Android Enthusiast and currently build a few roms for one of the devices. One of the roms I make is ported from a different device to mine (I get the original for the HTC Desire HD and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JHutson456
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to copy music from handy to pc over Android Development Bridge (ADB)

Hi Friends, I want to copy my .mp4 files from a file of my mobile to my pc using the programm adb (Android Development Bridge). My Script: ./copyfiletopc /sdcard/Playtube ~/musik/PlayTube \.mp4 #!/bin/bash # $1 = from dir # $2 = to dir # $3 = search # adb is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bergiu
2 Replies

8. Android

Basic commands for android!!

Hi, I have a n android phone and just rooted it. I access it using 'terminal Emulator'. I performed many basic linux-like commands in the terminal like rm,ls,df,reboot etc and they are working fine. But many of them are not like man <something>, clear,du etc. Can any of you please help to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob to scripting needs some assistance

Hello, I am in a Unix class and have been out of town. I have been tasked to generate a couple of scripts and ahve never done it before. I have a virtual machine running Ubuntu. The task is below Prompt the system administrator for all valid input parameters Generate a menu to ask which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkeeton81
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Noob BASH scripting question

Hello All, I have a file of ip addresses called activeips.txt What I'm trying to do is run a simple bash script that has a loop in it. The loop is a cat of the IP addresses in the file. The goal is to run 2 nmap commands to give me outputs where each address in the list has an OS... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_Pitt
11 Replies
openipmish(1)						 Shell interface to an IPMI system					     openipmish(1)

NAME
openipmish - Shell interface to an IPMI system SYNOPSIS
openipmish [option] DESCRIPTION
The openipmish is a command interpreter that gives the full power of the OpenIPMI library to a user-level command language. It is designed so it can easily be driven with a scripting language like TCL, it has well-formed output. openipmish starts up with no connections or anything of that nature. You must enter commands to make connections to domains. OPTIONS
--dmsg Turn on message debugging, this will dump all messages to debug log output. --drawmsg Turn on raw message debugging, this will dump all low-level messages to debug log output. This differs from normal message debug- ging in that all protocol messages are also dumped, not just IPMI messages. --dmem Turn on memory debugging, this will cause memory allocation and deallocations to be checked. When the program terminates, it will dump all memory that was not properly freed (leaked). --dmsgerr Turn on printing out low-level message errors. --dlock Turn on lock debugging, this will check lock operations to make sure that locks are help in all the proper places and make sure that locks are properly nested. -x <string>, --execute <string> Execute the given string at startup. This may be entered multiple times for multiple commands. --glib Use glib for the OS handler. --snmp Enable the SNMP trap handler. openipmish must be compiled with SNMP code enabled for this option to be available. --help Help output COMMANDS
openipmish follows the standard command syntax defined in ipmi_cmdlang(7). See that for the details on most commands. The IPMI manual that comes with OpenIPMI will also be quite handy. openipmish defines some commands that are not in the standard command language. These are: read Read and execute commands from the given file. exit Quit redisp_cmd on|off Normally, openipmish redisplays the command line when an event comes in. This is nice for interactive use, but bad for scripting. This lets you turn that function on and off. SEE ALSO
ipmi_cmdlang(7), ipmi_ui(1) KNOWN PROBLEMS
None AUTHOR
Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.org> OpenIPMI 05/13/03 openipmish(1)