Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help with make this Fortran code more efficient (in HPC manner) Post 302566687 by otheus on Thursday 20th of October 2011 10:47:41 PM
Old 10-20-2011
As I understand it, openmp is limited to parallelization on a single shared-memory node. But I may be several years out of date there.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to make this more efficient

I have the following code. printf "Test Message Report" > report.txt while read line do msgid=$(printf "%n" "$line" | cut -c1-6000| sed -e 's///g' -e 's|.*ex:Msg\(.*\)ex:Msg.*|\1|') putdate=$(printf "%n" "$line" | cut -c1-6000| sed -e 's///g' -e 's|.*PutDate\(.*\)PutTime.*|\1|')... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
9 Replies

2. Programming

Making FORTRAN code more efficient

Hi, I have a very large, very old FORTRAN code that I work with. The code is quite messy and I was wondering if I can speed up execution time by finding subroutines that code execution spends the most time in. Is there any kind of software I can use to see where the code spends most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rks171
1 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help to make awk script more efficient for large files

Hello, Error awk: Internal software error in the tostring function on TS1101?05044400?.0085498227?0?.0011041461?.0034752266?.00397045?0?0?0?0?0?0?11/02/10?09/23/10???10?no??0??no?sct_det3_10_20110516_143936.txt What it is It is a unix shell script that contains an awk program as well as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
4 Replies

4. Programming

Error running FORTRAN code

Hi, I am new to this forum and do not know whether this is the appropriate place to post this question. Anyway am trying my luck. I have a fortran program swanhcat.ftn, which is part of a wave modelling system. There is also a file hcat.nml which is required to run this program. The program's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandhyakg
9 Replies

5. Programming

Using Doxygen on Fortran code

I am using doxygen for documenting my fortran code. I want to write some notes after the header in different parts of the subroutine. Any idea what the tags should be as anything I write after the header is not displayed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient rewrite of code?

egrep -v "#" ${SERVERS} | while read shosts do grep -Pi "|" ${LOGFILE} | egrep "${snhosts}" | egrep "NOTIFICATION:" | awk -F";" '{print $3}' | sort -n | uniq | while read CEXIST do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort and compare files in more efficient manner?

Hello All, Iam using below method to sort and compare files. First iam doing sorting and changing the same file and then doing comparing and taking the final result to another file. sort -o temp.txt file1 mv temp.txt file1 sort -o temp.txt file2 mv temp.txt file2 sort -o temp.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
6 Replies

8. Programming

Removing goto statements in FORTRAN code

I have the code below and I want to remove the "go to" statements. Any idea how I can do it? if (iorder == 0) then tmincurrent = 1.0e11 if(ireverse == 0 .or. istop /= 1) then do i = 1, 6 if ((side(i) /= sidelimit(i)) .and. (tminside(i) < tmincurrent)) then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk command to make it more efficient

VARIABLE="jhovan 5259 5241 0 20:11 ? 00:00:00 /proc/self/exe --type=gpu-process --channel=5182.0.1597089149 --supports-dual-gpus=false --gpu-driver-bug-workarounds=2,45,57 --disable-accelerated-video-decode --gpu-vendor-id=0x80ee --gpu-device-id=0xbeef --gpu-driver-vendor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
TAU_OMPCHECK(1) 						       Tools							   TAU_OMPCHECK(1)

NAME
tau_ompcheck - Completes uncompleted do/for/parallel omp directives SYNOPSIS
tau_ompcheck {pdbfile} {sourcefile} [-o outfile] [-v] [-d] DESCRIPTION
Finds uncompleted do/for omp directives and inserts closing directives for each one uncompleted. do/for directives are expected immediately before a do/for loop. Closing directives are then placed immediately following the same do/for loop. OPTIONS
pdbfile A pdbfile generated from the source file you wish to check. This pdbfile must contain comments from which the omp directives are gathered. See pdbcomment for information on how to obtain comment from a pdbfile. sourcefile A fortran, C or C++ source file to analyzed. -o write the output to the specified outfile. -vverbose output, will say which directive where added. -d debuging information, we suggest you pipe this unrestrained output to a file. EXAMPLES
To check file: source.f90 do: (you will need pdtoolkit/<arch>/bin and tau/utils/ in your path). %>f95parse source.f90 %>pdbcomment source.pdb > source.comment.pdb %>tau_omp source.comment.pdb source.f90 -o source.chk.f90 SEE ALSO
f95parse pdbcomment 04/27/2006 TAU_OMPCHECK(1)