Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Inodes please
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with Inodes please Post 302566677 by honglus on Thursday 20th of October 2011 08:43:33 PM
Old 10-20-2011
I don't think you can add a new field in inode structure, but you can use "debugfs" to view/change values of existing fields.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

INodes...

Could someone please explain to me the concept of INodes? Colour me a DOS/MacOS junkie, but I don't quite understand. Is there any relation to clusters, or physical distro.? ty. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
3 Replies

2. Solaris

inodes???

Does anyone know what command I can run to check how many inodes are in use on a specific filesystem. On Data General servers I used to run the df -k command to check the status of the inodes for all file system.s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

3. Solaris

inodes

hi i need to find all the files that r linked to the current file as i need to delete the file as well as few of its links :confused: thnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inodes

how is the location of inodes in the physical disk. are they sequential like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|inode2| ....| datablock1|datablock2|datablock3 or are they distributed among data blocks like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|datablock1|inode2|datablock2|datablock3|inode3 |datablock4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

5. Linux

Inodes

Any good sites, tutorials that explain Inodes clearly and completely ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Number of used inodes..?

Hello Experts How can i know Number of used and free inodes in a file system? thanx in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Increasing inodes

Hi , Can someone help me to increase "inode" in solaris 9? Thanks in advance, Gowtham (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
8 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

inodes

Hi, sorry to have written in other language i think i could do that. I would to know A file system use inodes indexed allocation as a method of allocating space. In the inode blocks are 10 references to direct, 1 indirect reference to a single block, 1 block indirect reference to a reference to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryprin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

/var: out of inodes

Dear Forum, Please help me i have SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 with sun solaris 8,if i check inode in /var like below: # df -F ufs -o i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 62354 310638 17% / /dev/md/dsk/d3 372992 0 100% /var... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum inodes

Hi, Is there a restriction in the number of inodes a particular directory can have in Solaris. If so how can we determine that. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
3 Replies
DEBUGFS_CREATE_BOOL(9)					      The debugfs filesystem					    DEBUGFS_CREATE_BOOL(9)

NAME
debugfs_create_bool - create a debugfs file that is used to read and write a boolean value SYNOPSIS
struct dentry * debugfs_create_bool(const char * name, umode_t mode, struct dentry * parent, u32 * value); ARGUMENTS
name a pointer to a string containing the name of the file to create. mode the permission that the file should have parent a pointer to the parent dentry for this file. This should be a directory dentry if set. If this parameter is NULL, then the file will be created in the root of the debugfs filesystem. value a pointer to the variable that the file should read to and write from. DESCRIPTION
This function creates a file in debugfs with the given name that contains the value of the variable value. If the mode variable is so set, it can be read from, and written to. This function will return a pointer to a dentry if it succeeds. This pointer must be passed to the debugfs_remove function when the file is to be removed (no automatic cleanup happens if your module is unloaded, you are responsible here.) If an error occurs, NULL will be returned. If debugfs is not enabled in the kernel, the value -ENODEV will be returned. It is not wise to check for this value, but rather, check for NULL or !NULL instead as to eliminate the need for #ifdef in the calling code. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 DEBUGFS_CREATE_BOOL(9)