Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple Users
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Multiple Users Post 302566634 by BrandonShw on Thursday 20th of October 2011 05:49:44 PM
Old 10-20-2011
When I say display, I mean that I set up accounts for a few people and they log in remotely by "some method" which is provides a graphical session. The purpose is to enable me to test features of my software which can communicate with multiple remote users one at a time, which supposes that I know how to have multiple simultaneous remote users. The suggestions made so far are giving me some idea of how this might be done simply. I can research them. What I am looking for is a way to have users log in remotely even when more than one do so simultaneously. Once I have that, I can handle the graphics questions. I am working on some software that has many diverse features and one of them is to show graphics to users even if there is more than one on the same box.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to add multiple users

HI, 1.I want to add multiple users at a same time. How to achive this , since useradd will add only one user at a time,. 2.Also let me know how to install a software in a group of machines where the machines are not configured as zones (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sudo to multiple users?

Hi all, I have to create SSH public key for multiple users. Iam creating a script in which, through root, I have to switch to multiple accounts to create SSH keys and then transfer it to the respective servers. First I tried with single user id and everything worked fine. When I try to sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

id -a multiple users at one time?

Hi Expert, How do I want to id -a multiple users at one time? * i know that this does not work, Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users in multiple groups?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a question about adding users to multiple groups. Thanks in advance Using Red Hat and here are the issues: Example: Users: Bob Mark Groups: SystemsAnalysts BusinessAnalysts If I am adding a user Bob to both groups (SystemsAnalysts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansokl
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Can we create multiple users with same UID?

* Can we create multiple users with same UID? * Can we give root permissions to normal user like admin.s ? If YES give me full details (syntax of sudo/RBAC) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chmod by multiple users.

The requirement is that whichever user logs in and does not find /tmp/logs folder will create the folder and a file /tmp/logs/date.log and gives full permission so that every user can read and write to the file / folder. I write this code in setup.sh mkdir -p /tmp/logs touch... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
gnome-cleanup(1)						   User Commands						  gnome-cleanup(1)

NAME
gnome-cleanup - cleans GNOME user preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-cleanup DESCRIPTION
gnome-cleanup erases all GNOME user preferences, returning the user to the default look and feel. This can be used to undo an undesired preference setting, or to correct the desktop if the preferences become corrupt. The GNOME preference files are automatically recreated the next time the user logs into a GNOME session. gnome-cleanup displays all preference files that it will delete before erasing any files, and prompts the user to confirm that they would like to erase these files. Files are deleted only after receiving a positive confirmation from the user. gnome-cleanup cannot be run while logged into a GNOME session. Users should run this program when logged into another session, for exam- ple, the Failsafe session. If the user tries to run this program while logged into GNOME, an error message is displayed. OPTIONS
None. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Deleting all GNOME user preferences example% gnome-cleanup After displaying a list of preference files that will be deleted, the following question is displayed: Do you wish to remove these files (Y/N) The files are deleted only if the user provides a positive response. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-cleanup Executable for GNOME cleanup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
remove-gnome(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 11 Jan 2003 gnome-cleanup(1)