Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple Users
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Multiple Users Post 302566634 by BrandonShw on Thursday 20th of October 2011 05:49:44 PM
Old 10-20-2011
When I say display, I mean that I set up accounts for a few people and they log in remotely by "some method" which is provides a graphical session. The purpose is to enable me to test features of my software which can communicate with multiple remote users one at a time, which supposes that I know how to have multiple simultaneous remote users. The suggestions made so far are giving me some idea of how this might be done simply. I can research them. What I am looking for is a way to have users log in remotely even when more than one do so simultaneously. Once I have that, I can handle the graphics questions. I am working on some software that has many diverse features and one of them is to show graphics to users even if there is more than one on the same box.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to add multiple users

HI, 1.I want to add multiple users at a same time. How to achive this , since useradd will add only one user at a time,. 2.Also let me know how to install a software in a group of machines where the machines are not configured as zones (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sudo to multiple users?

Hi all, I have to create SSH public key for multiple users. Iam creating a script in which, through root, I have to switch to multiple accounts to create SSH keys and then transfer it to the respective servers. First I tried with single user id and everything worked fine. When I try to sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

id -a multiple users at one time?

Hi Expert, How do I want to id -a multiple users at one time? * i know that this does not work, Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users in multiple groups?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a question about adding users to multiple groups. Thanks in advance Using Red Hat and here are the issues: Example: Users: Bob Mark Groups: SystemsAnalysts BusinessAnalysts If I am adding a user Bob to both groups (SystemsAnalysts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansokl
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Can we create multiple users with same UID?

* Can we create multiple users with same UID? * Can we give root permissions to normal user like admin.s ? If YES give me full details (syntax of sudo/RBAC) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chmod by multiple users.

The requirement is that whichever user logs in and does not find /tmp/logs folder will create the folder and a file /tmp/logs/date.log and gives full permission so that every user can read and write to the file / folder. I write this code in setup.sh mkdir -p /tmp/logs touch... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
USERS(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          USERS(1)

NAME
users - print the user names of users currently logged in to the current host SYNOPSIS
users [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
Output who is currently logged in according to FILE. If FILE is not specified, use /var/run/utmp. /var/log/wtmp as FILE is common. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Joseph Arceneaux and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report users translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
getent(1), who(1) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/users> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) users invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 USERS(1)