Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting two perl scripts together... triming whitespace off of recently parsed file Post 302566584 by durden_tyler on Thursday 20th of October 2011 03:54:20 PM
Old 10-20-2011
What does your "/home/myfile.txt" look like?

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp most recently modified file

Hi what is the most optimum way to ftp the most recently modified file starting with a particular string. i tried this ftp -n 2>logfile 1>&2 <<EOF open xxxxxx user xxxx xxxx prompt ls -ltr f* res !var=`tail -1 |awk { print $9 }'` bye EOF that gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running many PERL scripts in one file

Hi, I have many PERL scripts in my system(Solaris 10 UNIX OS).I want to define all scripts in one file and run.Please suggest how to define. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts

Hi Friends, I'm writing code to update a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts. I've around 2000 PERL scripts which need to register their entries into a CSV file. Hence, I'm inserting following line code in all the 2000 PERL scripts. open(FILE,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match (whitespace digits whitespace) sequence?

Hi Following is an example line. echo "192.22.22.22 \"33dffwef\" 200 300 dsdsd" | sed "s:\(\ *\ \):\1:" I want it's output to be 200 However this is not the case. Can you tell me how to do it? I don't want to use AWK for this. Secondly, how can i fetch just 300? Should I use "\2"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahanali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a recently updated file

Hi, I am looking for a command to search for a specific file which was recently modified in the current directory leaving some unwanted files to be listed. For example, when I try ls - lrt it shows the following output. I want to ommit the files with the name 'resend' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging

Hi, If I want to write perl program that simulated Least Recently Loaded(LRL) to calculate page fault: The user must input page access and number of page fram that need to be greater than 3 Example Page Access: 5, 3, 4, 1, 7, 5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 1, 4, 6 Frames: 3 PA: 5 3 4 1 7 5 3 2 3 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triming a string

Hi i have an input " load /appss/asdfas/... I want to take the string present between first / / i.e appss Input is "load /appss/asdfas/..." Expected output is appss Thanks in advance Ananth (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and move files parsed from cvs file

I need help with a bash script. We have a directory of files which need to be renamed and moved to another directory based on filename information in a cvs file. The contents of the cvs file are as follows: A102345,abc123 A102347,dfg475 Where dfg475 is the basename without extension Our... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lloyd Boyette
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting s Perl module into your own script

Hi We have to create a perl script..for part of a project I ceated a script that called another perl module use AppUtil::VMUtil; But have been told that we need to incorpurate that module into my script...(with comments) Would you know how to copy or place a module from one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olearydc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Triming the data in a file.

Hi, I have a big csv file with below data. file: La Cage Aux Folles (Widescreen) Famous Mystics and Psychics A Passion for Planning Financials Operations Marketing Management and Ethics Precious Moments Holy Bible New King James Version Precious Angels Edition Blue Practical Recording... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
9 Replies
TPAGE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  TPAGE(1)

NAME
Template::Tools::tpage - Process templates from command line USAGE
tpage [ --define var=value ] file(s) DESCRIPTION
The tpage script is a simple wrapper around the Template Toolkit processor. Files specified by name on the command line are processed in turn by the template processor and the resulting output is sent to STDOUT and can be redirected accordingly. e.g. tpage myfile > myfile.out tpage header myfile footer > myfile.html If no file names are specified on the command line then tpage will read STDIN for input. The "--define" option can be used to set the values of template variables. e.g. tpage --define author="Andy Wardley" skeleton.pm > MyModule.pm See Template for general information about the Perl Template Toolkit and the template language and features. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> VERSION
2.68, distributed as part of the Template Toolkit version 2.19, released on 27 April 2007. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
ttree perl v5.16.3 2012-01-13 TPAGE(1)