Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mkfile -n question
Operating Systems Solaris mkfile -n question Post 302566449 by vishalaswani on Thursday 20th of October 2011 11:22:37 AM
Old 10-20-2011
Your question is not clear.

Do you mean to say you have presented 160 GB file as a disk to the LDOM and have created a 30 GB partition on that disk and that is mounted as /mount1 in the LDOM.

Also, can you help us with some outputs from your control and guest domain.

Regards,
Vishal

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Well, im getting it, but i have ONE question

Hay everyone, i would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who helped me make the decision to get a linux distro. As a newbie, Im defininately considering buying Mandrake Linux... I went to the site and phew..... 2300 applications, i think ill have a good time. But i do have a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

another question?

what happens if the script doesn't get Y,y,N, or n? Will it just loop back up and ask the question again? I tried to get mine to give me another response to tell me my input was invalid, but ran into problems with it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question?

Is there any way to use sed and count the number of alphabetic characters in a sentence? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
4 Replies

5. AIX

OS Question

What AIX version I need to run a software in a R6000 model 6015/6020 in a IBM P5??? Im implementing a Hot SIte. Is this possible or I need identical systems hardware and software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IBravo
1 Replies

6. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Why mkfile decreases available memory?

Hi, we are experiencing very odd behavior. After "mkfile 1g <somefile>" the available memory seen through vmstat memory free column decreases by the same ammount. It doesn't matter where the <somefile> is located, even when the file is on NAS, the available memory decreases. When the file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jan_bar
2 Replies