Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Booting problem
Operating Systems AIX AIX Booting problem Post 302566370 by zxmaus on Thursday 20th of October 2011 08:50:31 AM
Old 10-20-2011
Hi,

the error says that the fan in your box has stopped - so the box doesnt start because it doesnt want to overheat

Regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with booting

Hi! I installed Slackware on my computer so I thought I could have dual booting with ME, but that didn't work. So I installed another bootmanager that I find on internet. When I startup my computer the second bootmangaer that I did find on internet lets me choose system. When I have choosen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Rudiment
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Booting Problem

Hai I have installed win 98 o.s in my system after that i have installed Red Hat Linux 7.0,there is a problem in dual booting,by default win98 is being booted, when i insert bootable linux floppy linux is loaded My doubt how to overwrite windows MBR and palce the lilo in MBR.so that it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX not booting

ok so i have recently aquired an old Apple network server 700, its running AIX 4.1.4, i have virtually no experience in unix, it come up with "Can't open disk lebel package can't OPEN: /bandit/53c825@2,0:aix" i tried the maintinance mode with the AIX CD and i guess reinstalled, at least it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Apo11o
1 Replies

4. Solaris

booting problem

any one can help me. my system running on solaris 2.7. recently there is sudden power failure while system running. after that unable to boot the system. it is giving comment that "can not open /etc/path_to_inst" and then returning back to "OK" after comment of termination. The processor is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabir
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem booting

Dear List, While I was adding second hard disk to my system, I changed the /etc/fstab file by adding the following line: /mnt/sdb1 /dev/sdb1 ext3 default 2 1 Now system does not boot and gives the following error: Checking filesystems /: Clean, 309260/18495840 files, 1064776/18486790... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavoush
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.1 Box not booting

Quick backgound. We just moved the Datacenter. I attempted to boot one of our older AIX machines backup and it stops at a 518 Error code. Which is fine I need to run fsck on the volumes. The issue is I can't find the original media with the appropriate Date that was originally installed(previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcompguru
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Hanging 2-3 hours after booting

I am facing haging problem with AIX 5.2 box. It is not really hanging but do not allow to login or telnet or rlogin. ping will work. When I type the first character of the username on CDE login it suddenly suspends the login screen and displays shell login screen. Here if we enter the username... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dknattukal
4 Replies

8. AIX

Booting problem

Dears, I have a problem when i reboot the machine last time "AIX 5.3", that after rebooting it not login to graphical desktop, it just stop at console login command line. Kindly find the attached screenshot. Anyway to let it login automatically to Desktop? Would appreciate any pointers to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moudmm
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 7.1 booting stops at C1922000 C19220FF

Hi, we have the p6 server running AIX 7.1 it suddenly stops working. I tried to re-cycle power but it keeps stopping at C19220FF. Activate the service processor pinhole reset switch but still stops at the same code. Error logs: 1. 501A1181 2016-06-08 22:06:20 'Service Process'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilyn
1 Replies
BOS_START(8)						       AFS Command Reference						      BOS_START(8)

NAME
bos_start - Starts a process after setting its status flag SYNOPSIS
bos start -server <machine name> -instance <server process name>+ [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos start -s <machine name> -i <server process name>+ [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos start command sets the status flag for each process specified by the -instance argument to "Run" in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file and in the BOS Server's memory on the server machine named by the -server argument, then starts it. If the process is already running, the command's only effect is to guarantee that the status flag is "Run"; it does not restart the process. To start a process without changing its status flag in the BosConfig file, use the bos startup command instead. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to start processes. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -instance <server process name>+ Names each process to start. Use the process name assigned with the -instance argument to the bos create command. The output from the bos status command lists the names. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command changes the status flag for the "upclientbin" and "upclientetc" processes to "Run" in the BosConfig file on the machine "fs6.abc.com" and starts them running. % bos start -server fs6.abc.com -instance upclientbin upclientetc PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_create(8), bos_startup(8), bos_status(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_START(8)