Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] I need help with a text file. Post 302566324 by jayan_jay on Thursday 20th of October 2011 06:47:41 AM
Old 10-20-2011
Code:
for i in `nawk '{print $1|"sort -u"}' infile`
do 
     grep "^$i" infile | nawk '$3 > max {max=$3; maxline=$0}; END{ print maxline}'
done
0.5000  -146   122
0.5452  -97     14
16.000 -164   151

This User Gave Thanks to jayan_jay For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SOLVED: Text file compare using perl

I have two text file.... One text file contain in this format...... keyvalue.txt \SUM\SUM_cam.c \SUM\SUM_cam.h \SUM\SUM_command.c \SUM\SUM_command.h \SUM\SUM_dab.c \SUM\SUM_dmb.c \SUM\SUM_eventHandler.h \SUM\SUM_eventHandler_dab.c \SUM\SUM_eventHandler_dmb.c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solved: Text formatting

What's the best way to format the text file shown below the way in which COlA ColB ColC ColD ---- ---- ---- ---- 70 923 AAA 5864 70 testing AAA 13062 PPPPPP test AAA 142 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Extract IP from text

Dear friends, I have a file with the text: href="/archive/ip=x.x.x.x">M</a></td> I want to extract just the IP number. I tried sed, awk but i didn't succeed. Any idea? Thank you Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tts0
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Text manipulation help

Hello Unix.com How can I sort from a large email list only the emails that finish with .ca domain? cat <list> | grep "\.ca\b" >> <new list> isnt working perfectly. Any tips? Best regards, Galford D. Weller (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Formatting the text file

Hi All, I ahve requirement where I want to put the text file in into proper format. I am wondering how can i achieve that:- Host/Alias Name IP Address Resolved sinuiy01.infra.go2uti.com 10.240.8.158 N sinuid20.devtst.go2uti.com 10.240.8.230 N sinuid21.devtst.go2uti.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to print specific text from a file?

Hi All, I have the below text file from which I have to cut particular section starting from PTR_Security_Rpeorting.cpf to PTR_Security_Reporting_Env93_export. Report Model............: "D:\Cognos_Publishing\tmp.a2R94KLQec"\PTR_Security_Reporting.cpf Report Output Script....:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replacing line of text while file is closed

Is it possible to replace a line of text within a file while it's closed with a single command or a script? Please show me an example or point me to a webpage that shows an example. The file has this line of text: LoginGraceTime 100 I want to replace it with the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdg74
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] My script executes poorly as a text file.

Hello again, I have put together a shell script using sed and some shell commands, and it runs pretty well when I am in terminal, but when I save it as a text file and invoke it through the terminal by typing its path, all I get are errors. Can some one give me some hints as to what I am doing... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)