Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding and then separating the output Post 302566216 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 09:42:46 PM
Old 10-19-2011
Code:
awk '{print; sum+=$2;if (sum-t>1000){t=int(sum/1000)*1000; printf RS}}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

separating commands

hey there well i have a small problem with my code. when for example : " /bin/sleep 10 & ls -l mila > xyz " is entered, the program is supposed to separate the two commands 1) /bin/sleep 10 & and 2) ls -l mila > xyz. im not sure of how to achieve this. my current program stores both commands... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mile1982
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating fields

Hi, i have a file as follows: jonathan:bonus1,bonus2 gerald:bonus1 patrick:bonus1,bonus2 My desired output is jonathan:bonus1 jonathan:bonus2 gerald:bonus1 patrick:bonus1 patrick:bonus2 my current code is cat $F | awk -F"" how should i continue the code? Can i do something... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding order number in the output file

Hello, I have a list of all order number like below: maryu01001 johnm00003 peter02234 catmy66751 For the above, all number must in 5 digits and I need to add one into the number and output a new list like below: maryu01002 johnm00004 peter02235 catmy66752 How can write a... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding another field to SED output

Dear experts, I have a file called "check" with contents like below i used the sed command like below to get the value of "success" and "failed" only My question is how can i get the value to include the time "03:15", so that i can get a value such as below : - Appreciate... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Text To |bc Output

Hello. I have this.. $ echo '2+2' | bc 4 But I want to output it as 4 MB So, can I achieve that through one single command line? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating folders

I have folder like main. inside main folder there are subfolders & files like main1 main2 main3, file1, file2, file3. I want folders main1 & main2, file1, file2 from main folder. copy them into new folder. Please suggest me how to do it. I am new to shell programming (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ypremcha
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding data in input file if 2nd script output SUCCESS

Hi All, how can i edit my original data and add more data if my 2nd script outputs SUCESS? ex. input file: 1.txt nik,is,the 1script.sh if 2ndscript.sh output SUCCESS then i'm going to edit my input file and add data best,pogi.. sample outputdata. nik,is,the,best,pogi 2ndscript.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding file extensions to split output files

Hello, I've searched this forum and others for a solution to my problem but nothing seems just right, I'm hoping I can get some help (seems like this should be easy, and I apologize if I've missed something on the forum): I have several large .fastq DNA sequence files (~20million reads,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding hostname on the output

// AIX 6.1 pcmpath query device |awk 'BEGIN{print "TYPE\tDEVICE NAME\tSERIAL\tSIZE"} /DEVICE/ {disk=$5 printf "%s\t", $7 printf "%s\t", disk getline; printf "%s\t", substr($2, length($2)-3) ("bootinfo -s "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Separating output after final character

I'm trying to write a script that will email the contents of my Application folder to me. cd /Applications ListApps=$(ls) echo $ListApps | mail -s "Application Check" myself@myemail.com This sends it in a paragraphed block i.e: Adobe Acrobat Reader.app App Store.app Atom.app... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
4 Replies
XvGetPortAttribute(3)						  libXv Functions					     XvGetPortAttribute(3)

NAME
XvGetPortAttribute - return current port attribute value SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvGetPortAttribute(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Atom attribute, int p_value); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. port Specifies the port, associated with the given display, for which the attribute values are to be returned. attribute An atom that identifies the attribute to be queried by this request. Control atoms are obtained using the XInternAtom request with a string from the following table. p_value Pointer to the location where the attribute value is written on return. DESCRIPTION
XvGetPortAttribute(3) returns the current value of the requested port attribute in the integer pointed to by p_value. The attribute is identified using an Atom that equates to the attribute name. The XInternAtom request can be used with one of the strings below to return a matching Atom. ----------------------------------------------------- Attribute String Type Default ----------------------------------------------------- "XV_ENCODING" XvEncodingID Server dependent "XV_HUE" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_SATURATION" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_BRIGHTNESS" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_CONTRAST" [-1000...1000] 0 RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvGetPortAttribute(3) completed successfully. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvGetPortAttribute(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[XvBadPort] Generated if the requested port does not exist. [BadMatch] Generated if the requested attribute atom does not specify an attribute supported by the adaptor. SEE ALSO
XvSetPortAttribute(3), XvPortNotify(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.9 XvGetPortAttribute(3)