Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script need to act on same file on matced case Post 302566213 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 09:27:59 PM
Old 10-19-2011
try this:

Code:
sed -i '/222.*abc/d' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Case, Awk and script

Hello. I should have asked this awhile ago but here is my situation. My task is to generate LOC for different directories. I have a text file that has dates in this format (01-Aug-2006). My task is to read each line and compare it to a branch date. Depending on the date, it should generate a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic awk question...getting awk to act on $1 of the command itself

I have a script problem that I am not able to solve due my very limited understanding of unix/awk. This is the contents of test.sh awk '{print $1}' From the prompt if I enter: ./test.sh Hello World I would expect to see "Hello" but all I get is a blank line. Only then if I enter "Hello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to rename or change file extension case.

I searched the forum, but there was different type of rename. Hello. I have files in folder. Like: xxxxxxxx1.html or xxxxxxxx2.txt or xxxxxxxx3.tar.gz and how to rename or change file extension case to xxxxxxxx1.htm or xxxxxxx2.TXT or (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheldon
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to process file without regard for case

Hello, I have a Bash script that processes a text file so that the existing file will look something like this: /www/repository/2010/201002231329532/LTLO_0407.pdf /www/repository/2010/201002231329532/LTLO_0507.pdf /www/repository/2010/201002231329532/LTLO_0607.pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manouche
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case sensitive awk file split

Hello all, This is my first thread so please let me know if I am doing anything wrong or not following etiquette. I have an input file that looks like 123a12345 345a12445 245a66792 245A12345 215A23566 and I want output files that look like a.txt 123a12345 345a12445 245a66792 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrousturtle
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To take two variables from a file and act as an input for the script

Hi, I have done the scripting such that it will read input line by line from a txt file and is passed through a script, but now my requirement is to pass two variables into a script from a file, how could I do this or is there any other better idea ? for reading singe input from a file, line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajothi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse case with information in two fields of file

The below awk parser works for most data inputs, but I am having trouble with the last one. The problem is in the below rules steps 1 and 2 come from $2 (NC_000013.10:g.20763686_20763687delinsA) and steps 3 and 4 come from $1 (NM_004004.5:c.34_35delGGinsT). Parse Rules: The header is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
cmannotifyd(8)						     CMAN Notification Daemon						    cmannotifyd(8)

NAME
cmannotifyd - CMAN Notification Daemon SYNOPSIS
cmannotifyd [-f] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The cmannotifyd daemon talks to CMAN and provides a mechanism to notify external entities about cluster changes. CMAN dispatches 3 kind of notifications: - CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN when cman requests to all clients if it is allowed to shutdown. - CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE when cman detects a node joining or leaving the cluster. - CMAN_REASON_CONFIG_UPDATE when a configuration change event has been detected/requested. These notifications are then dispatched to the shell script cman_notify in the environment variable CMAN_NOTIFICATION. cman_notify will then execute all the scripts in the configured notification directory (default: /etc/cluster/cman-notify.d) passing a very minimal set of envvars including, of course, the CMAN_NOTIFICATION= type. The execution order is set by the filename as shown by "LC_ALL=C ls -las". cmannotifyd logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cmannotifyd.log). cman_notify logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cman_notify.log). By default the output from the scripts executed by cman_notify is redirected to /dev/null. Users can either set CMAN_NOTIFICATION_DEBUG=1 in their environment or set proper debug configura- tion in cluster.conf to redirect scripts output to the cman_notify log file. NOTES
cmannotifyd does not block on cman_notify nor check the exit status of the script. Notifications are dispatched in the same order as they arrive, one by one. CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN is passed to scripts for information only, they can not influence cman's decsion about whether or not to shut down. CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE also implies CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM exported in the environment. CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM will be set to 1 (when the node is part of a quorate cluster) or 0 (otherwise). A template for cman_notify scripts can be found in the doc/ directory. OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork / daemonize). -d Enable debug output. November 2008 cmannotifyd(8)