Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setup a cron job and specified the start and end time Post 302566203 by clu on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 07:28:25 PM
Old 10-19-2011
Setup a cron job and specified the start and end time

Hi guys,

How can I specify the start and end time of a cron job. And my start time and end time are specified by minutes. For example, I want to set up a cron runs every 3 minutes from 18:40 to midnight. How can i do this please? Many thanks

Best regards,
Clu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job at system start up

I want to know if there is a way to make a certain set of programs start in order at system startup with cron or something else i dont know about. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron does not start the need job

Hi, can you please help me with one problem? There is some server, there are a lot of AIX applications which run on this server under different UserIDs. These applications starts via crontab. From time to time some application doesn't start. What can this "not-action" be dependent on? At... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup Cron Job

Hello, I would like setup a CRON job to rename my server's name (host name) every day. For some reason it changes its own name every couple days to server-2.local fron server.local. Thank you! -Chris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christo16
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

setup cron job

HI I am new to unix . I wanted to create a cron job that runs a script every 10 min .So when I enter vi /etc/crontab I get the following output SHELL=/bin/bash PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin MAILTO=root HOME=/ # run-parts 01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 02 4 * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to end script in a cron job?

I've created a script to copy backup files from an HP-UX 11iv3 system to an NFS share on another machine. I want to schedule the script to run via cron. The script is simply three lines of cp /backups/Backup /shared/Backup. I've saved the script as a .sh file and call it with KSH. Do I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
3 Replies
ATRUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  ATRUN(8)

NAME
atrun -- run jobs queued for later execution SYNOPSIS
atrun [-l load_avg] [-d] DESCRIPTION
atrun runs jobs queued by at(1). Root's crontab(5) must contain the line: */10 * * * * root /usr/libexec/atrun so that atrun(8) gets called every ten minutes. At every invocation, every job in lowercase queues whose starting time has passed is started. A maximum of one batch job (denoted by upper- case queues) is started each time atrun is invoked. OPTIONS
-l load_avg Specifies a limiting load factor, over which batch jobs should not be run, instead of the compiled-in value of 1.5. -d Debug; print error messages to standard error instead of using syslog(3). WARNINGS
For atrun to work, you have to start up a cron(8) daemon. FILES
/var/at/spool Directory containing output spool files /var/at/jobs Directory containing job files SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), syslog(3), crontab(5), cron(8) AUTHORS
Thomas Koenig <ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> BUGS
The functionality of atrun should be merged into cron(8). BSD
April 12, 1995 BSD