Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Perl script remote execution as another user Post 302566087 by Corona688 on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 11:58:29 AM
Old 10-19-2011
su has to run your perl program, not vice versa. su doesn't change the login of existing programs. su creates a new login under a different user which does what you tell it to.
Code:
ssh username@host su -c "/usr/bin/perl" - othername < localfile.pl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input for execution of script

Hi, I need to get the user input and execute a particular script based on the input provided. For E.g. When I execute the script say Test.sh it should prompt "For which country I need to execute the script? (US/India)" Based on the input as US or India from the user the execution of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with remote execution of script using telnet

Hi all, i am trying to remotely execute a script from a different server. this is the code that i use : #!bin/sh pwd (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "pwd" sleep 2 echo "cd /path/to/file" if then echo "script1.sh" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

geting user input from php and using perl for execution

I am using festival speech synthesis system and I would like to allow user input in a browser. This will be taken by a php page which is then supposed to pass the input text to a perl script. The perl script should pass this text to the festival engine by executing a unix command. this in turn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wairimus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh can't back from remote host during script execution

Hi all I wrote a script to execute a script on several remote hosts, but somehow during the execution of the local script, ssh can't come back from the remote host, so that causes my local script hanging... I use the below command to do the job in the local script, any idea? ssh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzylg
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with remote execution of a script

does anyone know how can i execute a script which i locally run as " . /etc/local/host/src.srvr -D ." need to execute above command in rexec command. if i put the command as it is it does not run. Sorry but i am naive in scripting. Thanks rexec sgplqim -l vau -n ' ' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NK4U
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

output from remote server during execution of a script

How to see the output from remote server during execution of a script ? I am executing a script (ls) from machine 1 but the o/p should be displayed in machine 2. Can I achieve this ? Example:- Machine 1:- # ls Machine 2:- (console) file1 file2 file 3 dir1 dir2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script for modifying a user

#/bin/sh echo "enter the user name" read $username echo "Enter new home directory" read $newhd usermod -d $newhd $username ;; error while executing : enter the user name Rev Enter new home directory: /home/58745 usermod: option requires an argument -- 'd' Try `usermod --help' or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting the Remote server after script execution

Hi All , I'm running a script abc.sh in server "host1" shown as below : #! /bin/bash sh stop.sh ssh user@$host2 "/home/user/prod_work/xyz.sh; sh start.sh The problem I am facing is , the control is not passed to host1 after executing the script "xyz.sh" in host2 . ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script over ssh execution issues.

If I execute below code I am able to get string from column8 and column10 about a process. serverA1$> ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}' /<Oracle_home>/ohs/bin/odl_rotatelogs -h:/<app_Home>/config/OHS/ohs1/component_events.xml_ohs1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)