Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to converting rac to one rac ? Post 302565882 by imtheone on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 04:09:18 AM
Old 10-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoulov
Could you please clarify what do you mean by "we get error, because unix codes does not exist on our second rac"? What exactly doesn't exist on one of the nodes?

Anyway you could:

1. Connect directly to one of the instances (not to a service) and most of the operations will run only on one node.
2. Create a new service that runs only on one node and use it for your ETL processing.

I consider both possibilities dirty workarounds though ...
Hi Radoulov,
some of our the etl codes are unix shell script and other of them are owb mappings.
the shell scripts are at first node of RAC. and we execute them on server side not client side. the dba jobs of oracle choose a node of RAC for executing those codes. if the dba jobs choose the second node , we get error. because unix shell scripts are only at first node.

we generate util.runthis java class on oracle database for running the unix shell scripts . So i cant connect direct one node.

about your second solution , i dont know anything about create new service.
if we create new service for our etl processes , all nodes of rac will run synchronize ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Gentoo

RAC on Linux

HI have Couple of computer below. And I would like to know if can use these to practice two node 10GR2 RAC on linux at home. If I can, what else needed for shared storage and etc. HP Pavilion a6350z AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz 2GB Ram 250GB HP Pavilion s3300z AMD Athlon 64 BE2400 2.3GHz 2GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle RAC on AIX

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

3. AIX

RAC on 5.3

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Setting up Oracle RAC at home

Hello, I'm planning to set up Oracle 10g RAC at home. I was initaillay planning to get a windows desktop and install Cent OS after wiping out the existing windows OS. I have some questions with regards to this. 1) For setting up RAC, I would have to install an additional NIC besides the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX oracle RAC problem

Hi all i have a problem which we can't fix we have 2 hp blades loaded with HP-UX11iv3 and Oracle RAC 11g R1 accessing HP Sotrage works xp 24000 the oracle cluster cannot access the /dev/oracle/ocr1 i ran #ioscan -em lun the result came as follows " please note output turncated for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for RAC information required

Hello, is it possible for someone to generate a shell script that will do the following, please. UNIX Shell script novice who is after a script to look at a few things within an Oracle RAC environment Hopefully if this works, I can schedule this via cron Many thanks I can execute these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Serviceguard Extension for RAC

Dear All, From where to download freeware of Serviceguard Extension for RAC software for HP UNIX PA RISC B.11.11 OS. BR, Prasanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth438
3 Replies

8. AIX

VIO Oracle RAC

Hi All I wonder if someone can help me, I'm busy adding an Etherchannel for an Oracle RAC setup on AIX6.1. en0/ent0 is crrently available on the Lpar... do i need to add another network(SEA) adapter to the Lpar via VIO and if so how do I add and configure the Virtual adapter to the LPAR through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pashan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different multipath softwares for RAC

Hi, I have a RAC installation on 2 solaris 11 nodes. (With ASM) Disks' mpath are managed by EMC Powerpath on both nodes. I want to migrate mpath software to Solaris multipath without downtime. My plan is first migrate node1 to solaris mpath, then after some days migrate node2 to sol.mpath. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlkkck
5 Replies
LAMNODES(1)							     LAM TOOLS							       LAMNODES(1)

NAME
lamnodes - Resolve LAM node/CPU notation to Unix hostnames. SYNOPSIS
lamnodes [-chin] [where] OPTIONS
-c Suppress printing the CPU count for each node. -h Print the command help menu. -i Print IP addresses (instead of IP names) -n Suppress printing CPU count for each node DESCRIPTION
The lamnodes command is used to resolve LAM node/CPU nomenclature to Unix hostnames. It can be used to determine the current running con- figuration of the LAM/MPI run-time environment, and generate a boot schema that can be used to launch LAM in the future. By default, lamnodes will print out the node number, default IP name, CPU count, and per-node flags for each node in the running LAM. gethostbyaddr(3) is used to obtain default hostnames. If gethostbyaddr(3) fails, the IP number is displayed instead. This command can be used by setup shell scripts (and the like) to determine information from a currently-running LAM universe. For exam- ple, use lamnodes to resolve particular CPUs and/or nodes to specific unix hostnames. In a batch environment, lamnodes can be used to determine which CPUs share a common node (note that MPI_GET_PROCESSOR_NAME can be used for a similar effect in an MPI program). lamnodes also shows per-node flags. Currently defined flags are: origin The node where lamboot was executed. this_node The node where lamnodes is running. no_schedule The node will not be used to run MPI and serial processes when N and C are used to mpirun and lamexec. EXAMPLES
lamnodes N -n Display IP names and CPU counts for all nodes. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). lamnodes C -n -c Display the IP name of the nodes containing each CPU, and suppress the LAM node number and CPU count. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). SEE ALSO
bhost(5), gethostbyaddr(3), lamboot(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 LAMNODES(1)