Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming make fails with "undefined reference to..." Post 302565737 by Corona688 on Tuesday 18th of October 2011 03:08:29 PM
Old 10-18-2011
Neither am I, but this error is common to most languages with a linking step.

this seems to be related. You don't get mapset without certain options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. AIX

Getting error "Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6"

Hi, I am using xlC compiler. The compilation goes fine but at the time of linking it gives the following error ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6 ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nachiketv
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#!/bin/sh script fails at StringA | tr "[x]" "[y]"

I need to take a string (stringA) check it for spaces and replace any spaces found with an equal (=) sign. This is not working. There are spaces between each component: $StringA | tr "" "" The error returned is: test: Specify a parameter with this command Can you help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: by_tg
3 Replies

5. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

7. Programming

"make" fails on the first .f90 file it encounters: not creating .o files

i may be asking way too much here but i am not a programmer and not sure where to to turn. i have a program that i am trying to "make". but the compiler i am supposed to use gets nowhere. there are a bunch of .f90 files that are being processed as follows but it doesn't get past the first one: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

8. Solaris

I got "undefined reference to" on gcc

Hell all I tryed to build rmp from sources on Solaris 10. I download source code, install gcc, binutils, and other packs с sunfreeware.com. Doring compilation I got an error: /bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -Wall... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Perl error: Can't call method "value" on an undefined value

Hi, I am running a perl script to automate a process and I keep running into a error can't find the "value" Can't call method "value" on an undefined value at process_file.pl line 44. file is CVS cell is ifdfdxrfmp.ksh Here is the script I have also attached it as well: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

10. Programming

Compiling C++ code with NetCDF libraries: "undefined reference"

Hi! I am trying to compile a C++ code with cmake and gcc on Ubuntu. The code uses NetCDF4 libraries. I specify the path to these libraries as follows: -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf_c++4 "ccmake" and "cmake" work fine. After typing "make" I receive the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alauda
0 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)