Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming make fails with "undefined reference to..." Post 302565714 by Corona688 on Tuesday 18th of October 2011 02:18:18 PM
Old 10-18-2011
It's trying to use a variable or function called 'mapset' which does not exist.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. AIX

Getting error "Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6"

Hi, I am using xlC compiler. The compilation goes fine but at the time of linking it gives the following error ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6 ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nachiketv
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#!/bin/sh script fails at StringA | tr "[x]" "[y]"

I need to take a string (stringA) check it for spaces and replace any spaces found with an equal (=) sign. This is not working. There are spaces between each component: $StringA | tr "" "" The error returned is: test: Specify a parameter with this command Can you help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: by_tg
3 Replies

5. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

7. Programming

"make" fails on the first .f90 file it encounters: not creating .o files

i may be asking way too much here but i am not a programmer and not sure where to to turn. i have a program that i am trying to "make". but the compiler i am supposed to use gets nowhere. there are a bunch of .f90 files that are being processed as follows but it doesn't get past the first one: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

8. Solaris

I got "undefined reference to" on gcc

Hell all I tryed to build rmp from sources on Solaris 10. I download source code, install gcc, binutils, and other packs с sunfreeware.com. Doring compilation I got an error: /bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -Wall... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Perl error: Can't call method "value" on an undefined value

Hi, I am running a perl script to automate a process and I keep running into a error can't find the "value" Can't call method "value" on an undefined value at process_file.pl line 44. file is CVS cell is ifdfdxrfmp.ksh Here is the script I have also attached it as well: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

10. Programming

Compiling C++ code with NetCDF libraries: "undefined reference"

Hi! I am trying to compile a C++ code with cmake and gcc on Ubuntu. The code uses NetCDF4 libraries. I specify the path to these libraries as follows: -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf_c++4 "ccmake" and "cmake" work fine. After typing "make" I receive the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alauda
0 Replies
setenv(3C)																setenv(3C)

NAME
setenv(), unsetenv() - add, update or remove an environment variable SYNOPSIS
Parameters envname Points to a string containing the name of an environment variable to be added or altered. This should not be a NULL pointer or null string, and the string should not contain an equal character. envval Points to a string containing the value to be set for the variable envname. overwrite Indicates whether to overwrite the value of envname variable or not, if it already exists. Expected values are non-zero and zero. If the environment variable does not exist in the environment, then the value of this variable is ignored. DESCRIPTION
and functions update the environment of the calling process. If envname does not exist, the function ignores the value of overwrite and adds the variable envname to the environment with the value envval. If envname exists and overwrite is non-zero, then the variable envname is updated with the new value envval. If envname exists and overwrite is zero, then the variable is not updated, and the function is considered to have completed successfully. The function deletes the variable envname from the environment, if it exists. If the envname variable does not exist in the current envi- ronment, the environment is unchanged, and the function is considered to have completed successfully. If the application modifies environ or the pointers to which it points, the behavior of and is undefined. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Locale The category determines the interpretation of characters in string as single- and/or multi-byte characters. International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The and functions return zero on success; otherwise they return and set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the function fails, is set to one of the following values: Sufficient memory is not available to add a variable or its value to the environment. The envname argument is a null pointer, points to an empty string, or points to a string containing an equal character. If the function fails, is set to the following value: The envname argument is a null pointer, points to an empty string, or points to a string containing an equal character. EXAMPLES
The following code adds a new environment variable to the current environment. The following code updates the variable The following code removes the variable from the current environment. WARNINGS
The and functions manipulate the environment pointed to by environ, and can be used in conjunction with However, envp (the third argument to main) is not changed. The uses to enlarge the environment (see malloc(3C)). After the or function is called, environment variables may not be in alphabetical order. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
exec(2), getenv(3C), malloc(3C), putenv(3C), environ(5), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
setenv(3C)