Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting strange: sed and awk print at end instead of begin of line Post 302565367 by vgersh99 on Monday 17th of October 2011 04:48:45 PM
Old 10-17-2011
Code:
nawk 'NF{$0=$0 ";;;;0;1"}1' myFile
OR
sed '/..*/s#.*#&;;;;0;1#' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk BEGIN END and string matching problem

Hi, Contents of BBS-list file: foo foo foo awk ' BEGIN { print "Analysis of \"foo\"" } /foo/ { ++n } END { print "\"foo\" appears", n, "times." }' BBS-list Output: Analysis of "foo" "foo" appears 3 times. awk ' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner to print to end of line

Given: 1,2,whatever,a,940,sot how can i print from one particular field to the end of line? awk -F"," '{print $2 - endofline}' the delimiter just happens to be a comma "," in this case. in other cases, it could be hypens: 1---2---whatever---a---940---sot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

6. Fedora

Shell Script - awk, begin, for and print

pointsb=`awk -v a2="$a2" -v b2="$b2" -v c2="$c2" -v yb="$yb" -v yc="$yc" \ 'BEGIN { for (y=yc; y<=yb; y++) { x = a2*y*y+b2*y+c2; print x, y }; }'` I am learning shell script. I was reading a script and got confused in this line. I understood that awk is allowing to assign the variable. But... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: agriz
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Begin/End blocks in awk: confused

I am trying to understand how to use the END block in awk without much success. I have this script that I found: gawk '{count++; keyword = $1} if (count == 3) keyword = "order this" else print keyword " " k } }' << orderfile Is that the way that the END block should be used? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BEGIN and END format in awk

I'm new to awk, trying to understand the basics. I'm trying to reset the counter everytime the program gets a new file to check. I figured in the BEGIN part it would work, but it doesn't. #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {counter=0} { sum=0 for ( i=1; i<=NF;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarist684
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - remove begin of line up to the third and including occurence of character

hello. How to remove all characters in a line from first character ( a $ ) until and including the third occurrence of that character ( $ ). Any help is welcome. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print the string between 3rd and 4th backslashs to end of line

im trying to get awk to print the string between 3rd and 4th backslashs to end of line test could be any word this http://example.com/test/ >to this http://example.com/test/ > testalso the other way round insert string at end of line... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
13 Replies
ucblinks(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)