Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Sol10 boot error
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Sol10 boot error Post 302565341 by vmcore on Monday 17th of October 2011 03:21:36 PM
Old 10-17-2011
Have you tried any of following: Doc ID 1004094.1
  • 1) Confirm that we are able to reach the OBP ( ok> prompt)
  • 2)Confirm probe-scsi-all is able to see the boot disk
  • 3) Confirm OBP parameter diag-switch is set to false
    • Example output:
    • ok> printenv diag-switch
    • Diag-switch false
    • To correct the problem:
    • ok> setenv diag-switch false
  • 4) Using show-disks and devalias, output, verify that the boot-device alias matches a show-disks path.
  • 5) Following a reset-all, verify another boot attempt has failed while capturing script data.

Last edited by vmcore; 10-17-2011 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: formating

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

stack space in sol10

we have a solaris 10 box (V440) we are looking for a way to set the stack size for all processes on the system. we know we can use ulimit -s $ ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql on sol10 x86

i installed the x86 version (32-bit) of mysql community db. looks like the initial install of the pkg was good. however, i've got a few questions here. after the install, i run `/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql` to generate the db's and tables. it looks like a clean install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sol10 on primepower 850

I've got a console that seems to be hung. all other services (ip, etc) work perfectly. in fact, its still in production... we just don't have console access. so i there are two consoles on this guy.. scfc0 and scfc1. using iompadm from fujitsu, this is what i got: # ./iompadm -c FJSVscf3 info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

5. Solaris

difference b/w sol9 & sol10

what is the difference b/w sol9 and sol10 booting procedure?? Recently faced this question with HP... Thiru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
2 Replies

6. Solaris

machine to learn Sol10

Hi What kind of Sun machine, you recommend to buy in order to learn Solaris 10 administration ? I need machine where I can train the following sol10 features : - zfs - solstice suite (RAID 0+1, RAID 5, RAID 1 + 0 ) - containers Please advice sth for reasonable price. thx for help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
8 Replies

7. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

8. Solaris

Sol10 - OpenLDAP Auth

Hi, im new to Solaris (10) and need some help please. Situation: Actually is there a Linux (SLES11) OpenLDAP-Server and authentification of Linux-Maschines works pretty sweet. Now i want to put the SOL10 (Sparc) boxes in.... Problem: User Authentification via OpenLDAP on Sol10 doesn´t work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panzerkampfwagn
3 Replies

9. Solaris

FTPD ls problem on Sol10

Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this is simple enough so i'll go quick. I must be missing something but can't pinpoint it. NOTE: Yes, i should be using proftpd but the architect team is a pain in the butt and it is not possible right now. Sol10 FTP server (zoned) MS vista ftp client. Login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick72
1 Replies
DPATCH-LIST-PATCH(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DPATCH-LIST-PATCH(1)

NAME
dpatch-list-patch - List available patches SYNOPSIS
dpatch-list-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the dpatch-list-patch command which simply lists the available patches in a dpatch-based source tree together with their accompanying comments. WARNING
dpatch is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide on how to do it. OPTIONS
Without any options dpatch-list-patch will list the patches in the current source tree. -s, --sourcedir Source directory. Defaults to . -h, --help Show summary of options. SEE ALSO
dpatch(1), dpatch(7), dpatch.make(7), dpatch-edit-patch(1), dpatch-convert-diffgz(1) Files in /usr/share/doc/dpatch/ AUTHOR
dpatch-list-patch was written by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. This manual page was written by Gergely Nagy <algernon@debian.org>. DPATCH
Dec 13, 2011 DPATCH-LIST-PATCH(1)