Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd problem
Operating Systems Solaris useradd problem Post 302565307 by christr on Monday 17th of October 2011 01:38:19 PM
Old 10-17-2011
For your cron script you could do something like this also. This is just something I typed up really fast, and haven't tested, but you can get the idea. That way you don't have to remember to go back and add people to cron that you add to the system. Then you could also add people to your "grep -v" list that you don't want to have that short 30 minute policy.

Code:
EXPIREPASSWD=`cat /etc/passwd | sed 's/:.*//' | egrep -v "root|daemon|bin|sys|adm|lp|uucp|nuucp|smmsp|listen|gdm|webservd|postgres|svctag|nobody|noaccess|nobody4"`
for x in $EXPIREPASSWD
do passwd -f $x
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

useradd

Hi, I need to add a new user who will only be able to access one single folder on my Solaris 9 system. Can this be achieved by using just useradd or do i need to fiddle with auth_attr table? TIA, Selma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

6. Solaris

useradd problem

O/S: Solaris 9 Architecture: SPARC The man page for useradd states, "The new login remains locked until the passwd(1) command is executed." This is a problem for me when accessing remotely via SSH and creating a new account from the console with useradd. As soon as I try to login into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxsun1
3 Replies

7. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with useradd, -p option in Solaris 10

Good day all. I'm trying to add a user with useradd and the -p option to assign a project name, but the result is that the user is created with an error message: "UX: useradd: user.root name should be all lower case or numeric." The command: useradd -d /export/home/tester -g rtpgrp -G... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
2 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd problem number 2

i added a default user by command useradd shekhar it took user's default directory as /home/shekhar now when i am going inside /home and giving this command cd /home ls-ld it is not showing any directory named shekhar? why so? thanx shekhar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
3 Replies

10. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies
w2kusers.deny(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						  w2kusers.deny(4)

NAME
w2kusers.deny - Authentication file for Windows 2000 Single Sign On. SYNOPSIS
# Comment account_name DESCRIPTION
The w2kusers.deny is a text file containing a list of user account names. When an account is included in this file, the Windows 2000 Sin- gle Sign-On software verifies only the UNIX authentication for the named account. To add user accounts to the file, use a text editor to enter the user's UNIX account name. The following syntax rules apply to the w2kusers.deny file: Only one user name can be entered on a line. The user name must exactly match a user name in the UNIX /etc/passwd file. Comment lines begin with a pound sign (#). EXAMPLES
The following example shows a typical w2kusers.deny file: # The following file lists account names that are not allowed to use # the Win- dows 2000 authentication information when it is enabled. # Account names must match exactly the user account name in the # /etc/passwd file. # # Syntax: account_1 # . # . # . # account_n # root nobody nobodyV daemon bin uucp uucpa auth cron lp tcb adm ris wnn pop imap Peter Dave Beth Martha FILES
Location of the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: ldapcd(8), lw2ksetup(8) Files: etc/w2kusers.deny(4) Windows 2000 Single Sign-OnInstallation and Administration Guide. delim off delim off w2kusers.deny(4)