Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do crontab files get updated with changes? Post 302565264 by vsekvsek on Monday 17th of October 2011 11:45:13 AM
Old 10-17-2011
How do crontab files get updated with changes?

I have an ant script that puts my crontabtemplate changes out on a solaris server. But I am scratching my head trying to figure out what to do next on getting the actual crontab file updated with changes. Somone have suggestions on reads or links to figure this out?
thx in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

which file is updated after modified the crontab entries.

Hi all, i want to know which file is updated after changes the modifications/new entries in crontab. Please help regarding this. regards Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recently updated files

How do I find files those have been updated in the last 24 hours, sort them by size descending and then display the top of the long list? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
6 Replies

3. Solaris

files updated in last 10 hours should be moved

Hi, I would like to move all files that are updated in last 10 hrs. to some temporary folder. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the last updated file from different groups of files.

Hi i have many sets of files as shown below(here i have shown 2 sets) basel_aa_20091030.txt basel_aa_20091130.txt basel_aa_20091230.txt basel_bb_20091030.txt basel_bb_20091130.txt basel_bb_20091230.txt from each set of files i need to select the latest updated file(there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find last updated files and rename

HI I have a requirement to find the last updated files from a directory whcih has subdirectories and inside them we have files with .txt,.doc,.xls .. extensions. i have to find those files which were updated in the last 1hr and rename the files with respective <sub-directory>_<filename> and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Old time stamp being updated for new files

Hello Friends I am facing a weird problem :confused:, we receive thousands of files in my system on a daily basis, access time stamp on some of the files are being updated as old time stamp like 1968-01-19, Could some one help me what could be causing this? so that i can narrow down the problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying updated files

I have a directory with source code and want to figure out the files whose content has changed. Suppose I have two version of development work called hstmy.1.0 and hstmy.1.7. Directory structure are basically the same. However there may be additional files and directories, whose contents... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updated files information

I am using the below script to remove the rows which contains null values in the 3rd column.My requirement here is want to get the filenames which row is removed .please help me. #!/usr/bin/sh Scripts=/ushhquest/data001/Scripts cd /ushhquest/data011/TgtFiles/MonthlyData ls CUSTADDR*.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updated files using awk

If third column contains null value then it should delete the row and i want to know the files which contains null value in 3rd column.Below code is not showing the updated files correctly..not sure what the issue is.plz help me #!/usr/bin/sh Scripts=/ushhquest/data001/Scripts cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to print the not updated files in the Directory

Hi All, I have written one program to print the files which are not updated in the specified directory in .Dat file. If I am executing the same command in the command prompt its working fine but if I am executing in shell script it's not working fine. Please correct if any thing wrong in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies
KEP_RELOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     KEP_RELOAD(1)

NAME
kep_reload - Update Predict's Keplerian elements SYNOPSIS
kep_reload DESCRIPTION
KEP_RELOAD is a simple utility that forces an immediate reload of PREDICT's Keplerian database through a socket connection while PREDICT is running in server mode. It is especially useful in environments where PREDICT runs continuously, and periodic Keplerian element updates are made outside of PREDICT, such as through scripts run through a crontab. The "kepupdate" script found in this directory is an example of a Keplerian element update script that can be run on an automated basis through a crontab. It is designed to be placed in your home directory under a subdirectory called "cronjobs". It downloads Keplerian orbital data from www.celestrak.com using the HTTP protocol. (The "wget" utility, available from the Free Software Foundation, is required, and is included in many Linux distrubutions.) Type crontab -e to edit your crontab. Simply add the following entry: 0 8 * * * kepupdate and your orbital database will update each morning at 8:00 AM (provided you have a network connection at that time). See the crontab man page for more information on editing your crontab. AUTHOR
This man page was written by A. Maitland Bottoms, AA4HS, for Debian GNU/Linux. 31 August 2003 KEP_RELOAD(1)