Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating metadb
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating metadb Post 302565202 by semaan on Monday 17th of October 2011 08:26:43 AM
Old 10-17-2011
what i tried is this command
Code:
 metadb -f -a -c 1 c0t0d0s7 

so i got this error
Code:
 metadb: fintest: c0t0d0s7: overlaps with c0t0d0s0 which is mounted as '/' 

how can i do fix it ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help on metadb

Hi All, Please help me on metastat and metadb. I don't where do start on doing queries on all these solaris 8 disk. Give me an idea and I will do the rest? What's the command for verifying raid 1 or 5? Verify what's the adapter (scsi or san)? Thanks in advance, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris with metadb

Hi All, If solaris has metadb services on the disk, it means that it has a HW raid controller. Or what. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create metadb when there is no free slice

Hi All, I have to do disk mirroring, for that I have to create a metadb as disk mirroring have to do with SVM. However I do not have any slice free for metadb. What are the options? Please suggest (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metadb errors

Hi All. Been out of Unix admin work for about 10 years and I just took over a new position... seeing the 'use metadb to delete databases which are broken message' on reboot. The system comes up but I'm not sure what's on this disk that's failing... metadb -i shows: excalibur# metadb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Creating MetaDB

I'm trying create metadb's. I'm telling them to live on mounted partitions. Is this acceptable? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Meta Devices ( Metadb )

Hi All, I have two disks which has been configured for RAID 1 Already. I am adding more 6 disks in the system and I am configuring RAID 1 for all. So in this case should , how should i create a metadb . Thanks and Regards Rj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation Fault/ core dumped in metadb

When I was trying to mirror in my v880 server after OS up gradation from 8 to 10 metadb -afc 3 /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 I got an error metadb: Segmentation Fault Segmentation Fault (core dumped) Then I logged a case to Oracle/sun team they suggest "Please could you try metadb -ac 3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Metadb

Hi, I have inherited a system with two disks mirrored, and only 1 metadb on each, I have deleted the db on c1t1 and recreated 3 which is fine. But when it comes to c1t0, the metadb -d /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 doesnt removed the existing db and the create metadb -a -f -c3 /dev/dsk/c1t0dos5 wont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richard.tarlton
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can not boot because metadb lost

how to recovery metadb? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzung
1 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)