Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to include " , " between two parameter in perl Post 302565199 by jayan_jay on Monday 17th of October 2011 08:22:30 AM
Old 10-17-2011
Code:
$ paste -d',' file1 file2

Last edited by jayan_jay; 10-17-2011 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: cool.. solution gave by ctsgnb ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include RETURN KEY with Background process "&" in Shell Script

Hello All, I am a newbie in Shell script programming, and maybe you can help me with my query. I need to write a shell script (mntServer.ksh) that will start a background process and also to be able to run another script. The mntServer.ksh script contains: #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racbern
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include slashes "/" in @ARGV (Perl)

Hello I have simple script that will accept as arg string like this : ".../foo/blah/,.../.../foo1/,.../blah" now perl automatically removes the slashes "/" , I can't escape the slashes in the input I have to control on it so how can I force perl to not touch this slashes? Thanks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl file, one line code include "length, rindex, substr", slow

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt a;b;c;64O a;b;c;d;ee;f # cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $tmp3 = ",,a,,b,,c,,d,,e,,f,,"; open(my $FA, "a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\;/, $_); if ( ($tmp =~ m/^(64O)/i) || ($tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names and select correct elements to include in "for each loop"

Hi everyone, I`ll try to be most clear I can explaining my help request. I have 2 folders Folder A-->This folder receives files through FTP constantly Folder B-->The files from Folder A are unzipped and then processed in Folder B Sometimes Folder A doesn`t contain all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to include files beginning with "." (like .htaccess)

Hi, how can I get the mv command to include files beginning with . (such as .htaccess)? Right now when I mv a directory the .htaccess file is missing and I need to do this on a lot of directories, so there's a lot of wordpress permalinks that don't work anymore because the .htaccess file wasn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK "make a new column that include increasing numbers"

please help!!!!!! I have a file .txt that has only one column like that: 34.1 35.5 35.6 45.6 ... Now, i want to add a column in the left in which the values of this column increase by 0.4 , for example: 0.0 34.1 0.4 35.5 0.8 35.6 1.2 45.6 How can i do with awk instructions??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tienete
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Accidentally Changed File Ownership to Include a "Comment" [AIX]

Hi. I've had a little mishap. To cut a long story short, I've accidentally recursively ran chown on a directory (actually a bunch of 'em). Not a problem in itself, but I had a slight error in the code I used to get the list of directories and ended up with a comment in the file ownership. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZDIFF(1)