Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Value printed by gdb does not consist with the right value Post 302565157 by CarloM on Monday 17th of October 2011 06:18:19 AM
Old 10-17-2011
By the time you're printing it in gdb getopt() has been called again, which will change the value.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp - order of files printed

I have a shell script that is looping through a list of Postscript files to print. ls -1tr *.PS > print.lst ... PRINT_LIST=`cat print.lst` ... for DMFILE in $PRINT_LIST do lp -d $PRINTER_NAME -o legal $DMFILE ... done The files in print.lst are in the order that they should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrownawa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to exclude files from printed results

Hello I have application that part of its command I can get list of files to the stout . with the path . like : ./blah/blah/foo.c ./blah11/blah11/foo11.c ./blah12/blah12/foo11.h now I will like to filter this result and for instance see the "*.h" file or the "*.c" file or only the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if a string consist of any space?

hi all how do i check if a string consist of any space by using shell script. i have the following code while test -z $string do //prompting for another string if string is length 0 done when i type "a b" it give me an error test: a: binary operator expected thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messages printed in the shell

Hi, I would like to be able to return to the messages printed in the shell when a process is done, but I have no idea where to look for them. Done nohup script.sh (wd: ~/somesubdir) Can anyone give me a hint? Are these messages printed by bash? They're definitely not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mregine
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to build Shell Script to search content of a text file into a folder consist several files

Have to read one file say sourcefile containing several words and having another folder containing several files. Now read the first word of Sourcefile & search it into the folder consisting sevral files, and create another file with result. We hhave to pick the filename of the file in which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.baranwal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to limit the status printed

Hi, I have the data set as below, 0221500612134|Nutro 30-35 lb. Dry Dg 3 of 10 08/29/13~ 0221503074850|Nutro 30-35 lb. Dry Dg 1 of 10 09/23/13~ 0221503499660|Blue Buff 24-30lb Dog F 1 of 10 02/26/13~ 0221503499660|Iams 15.5-20lb Dog Food 2 of 10 11/12/12~ 0221503499660|Nat Blnc 25-35lb Dog... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandek
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value not getting printed

Hi, I ma trying to do this but don't know why it is not happening? $r1=10 for i in "1" "2" "3" "4"; do x=`eval echo $i`; echo r${x}; done output: r1 r2 r3 r4 also tried for i in "1" "2" "3" "4"; do x=`eval echo $i`; echo $r${x}; done output: 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value not getting printed outside loop

Hi all I'm using below code #!/bin/bash export fileclob cd /home/appsuser/dataload file='EG.mdd' chmod 777 $file dos2unix -ascii -k -q -o $file $file sed -e '${/^$/d}' $file cat $file | while read LINE do echo "line is" if then echo "line is $LINE" echo " " ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get " printed on command line?

Hey, Is there a way I can print " in a command line? When I type "echo "set variable = disco"".... This actually prints echo set variable = disco but I would like to print it out as --- echo "set variable = disco" Thanks, Satya (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)