Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create File with specific Length Post 302565138 by nishantrk on Monday 17th of October 2011 04:47:58 AM
Old 10-17-2011
Create File with specific Length

We have utility running on Unix which generates Files with records greater than 32760 , (max supported by Mainframe) .Our requirement is to transfer is file to Mainframe .When we ftp the in binary format it automatically wraps it up..so we are good there...
But now we need to zip and send the file , In such case the wraping doesn't happen and the data gets truncated while unzipping.

So is there a way to unzip without truncating data (We use pkzip on mainframe)
Is there a way to define the length of a File in Unix??our utility can wrap the output up..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create path which has length=1023.

Hi, Please help me.. PATH_MAX=1023 I need output as below: /mansa/filesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Please send me code in ksh shell script.. while ] ; do done Thanks, Mansa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting rows at specific length

Hi, i have a file containing nrows and 3cols. i want to cut it in specific length and save output to individual files. 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 i need to cut the file say every 2 rows and save it in individual file. 01.dat contains 1 2 3 4 5 6 02.dat 7 8 9... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines in a fixed length file where there is a word at specific location

I have a big file having 100 K lines. I have to read each line and see at 356 character position whethere there is a word "W" in it. If it is their then don't delete the line otherwise delete it. There are two lines as one Header and one trailer which should remain same. Can somebody... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit kanoongo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a new file from another file with lines begins with a specific string

Hi, I have a file with below format myfile.txt aa aa1 aa2 qq aa4 ghs aa6 bbc gdf I m looking to create a file where lines begins with aa. myfile1.txt aa aa1 aa2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
4 Replies

9. Programming

JAVA code to create file in Linux with specific permission

Hi All, I'm looking for JAVA code to create file in Linux with specific permission File should be created and saved in Linux in this path \opt\sys\doc by Java with this permission 764 Anyone can help to provide this Java code (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create sub directories from specific file extension

In the bash below I am trying to create sub-directories inside a directory from files with specific .bam extensions. There may be more then one $RDIR ing the directory and the .bam file(s) are trimmed (removing the extension and IonCode_0000_) and the result is the folder name that is saved in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
simulation::random(n)					       Tcl Simulation Tools					     simulation::random(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
simulation::random - Pseudo-random number generators SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.4? package require simulation::random 0.1 ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package consists of commands to generate pseudo-random number generators. These new commands deliver o numbers that are distributed normally, uniformly, according to a Pareto or Gumbel distribution and so on o coordinates of points uniformly spread inside a sphere or a rectangle For example: set p [::simulation::random::prng_Normal -1.0 10.0] produces a new command (whose name is stored in the variable "p") that generates normally distributed numbers with a mean of -1.0 and a standard deviation of 10.0. PROCEDURES
The package defines the following public procedures for discrete distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers with a Bernoulli distribution: the value is either 1 or 0, with a chance p to be 1 float p Chance the outcome is 1 ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers 0 to n-1 with equal probability. int n Number of different values (ranging from 0 to n-1) ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers according to the Poisson distribution. float lambda Mean number per time interval The package defines the following public procedures for continuous distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max Create a command (PRNG) that generates uniformly distributed numbers between "min" and "max". float min Minimum number that will be generated float max Maximum number that will be generated ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean Create a command (PRNG) that generates exponentially distributed numbers with a given minimum value and a given mean value. float min Minimum number that will be generated float mean Mean value for the numbers ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev Create a command (PRNG) that generates normally distributed numbers with a given mean value and a given standard deviation. float mean Mean value for the numbers float stdev Standard deviation ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Pareto with a given minimum value and a given distribution steepness. float min Minimum number that will be generated float steep Steepness of the distribution ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Gumbel with a given minimum value and a given scale factor. The probability density function is: P(v) = exp( -exp(f*(v-min))) float min Minimum number that will be generated float f Scale factor for the values ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to the chi-squared distribution with df degrees of freedom. The mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1. float df Degrees of freedom The package defines the following public procedures for random point sets: ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a disk of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over the surface of a sphere of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread within a ball of given radius. float rad Radius of the ball ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a rectangle. float length Length of the rectangle (x-direction) float width Width of the rectangle (y-direction) ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a block float length Length of the block (x-direction) float width Width of the block (y-direction) float depth Depth of the block (z-direction) KEYWORDS
math, random numbers, simulation, statistical distribution COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> simulation 0.1 simulation::random(n)