Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract certain parts from a file Post 302565096 by gpk_newbie on Monday 17th of October 2011 01:16:35 AM
Old 10-17-2011
great this works fine.

---------- Post updated at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:45 AM ----------

Hi agama, i use the below command to get 7 lines after the pattern from file1 to file2, but the problem here is im not able able to include even the pattern into file2.

gawk 'c-->0;/pattern/{c=7}' file1 > file2

---------- Post updated at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:24 AM ----------

sorry again but a small doubt if the time im looking is 22:15:00 instead of 22:00:00 then how to change the gawk command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum parts of a file

Every time we build an executable the date and time are put into the file, I need to run checksum on just the working lines.(IE, no header files) Is this even possible, if so how would I go about it? I am using a HP-UX server any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazykelso
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting parts of a file

Hello, I'm trying to retreive certain bits of info from a file. the file contains a list like this info1:info2:info3:info4 info1:info2:info3:info4 info1:info2:info3:info4 info1:info2:info3:info4 how do i pick out only info2 or only info3 without the others? Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract some parts of a file to create some outfile

Hi All, I am very new in programming. I need some help. I have one input file like: Number of disabled taxa: 9 Loading mapping file: ncbi.map Load mapping: taxId2TaxLevel: 469951 --- Subsample reads (20%): 66680 of 334386 Processing: tree-from-summary Running tree-from-summary... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: iammitra
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting parts of a file.

Hello, I have a XML file as below and i would like to extract all the lines between <JOB & </JOB> for every such occurance. The number of lines between them is not fixed. Anyways to do this awk? ============ <JOB APR="1" AUG="1" DEC="1" FEB="1" JAN="1" JUL="1" JUN="1" MAR="1" MAY="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivat79
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to swap parts of a file name?

I have a number of files that a structured like this: Eg. file_name.ext1 another file name with spaces.ext2 yatf with .ext3 also a file (plus).ext4 I would like to swap the part with the descriptive_file_name part, so that it looks like this: Eg. file_name .ext1 I know (or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invenio
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Parts of File

Hello All, I have a file like this Define schema flat_file_schema ( a varchar(20) ,b varchar(30) ,c varchar(40) ); (Insert into table ( a ,b ,c ) values ( 1 ,2 ,3 ); (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two parts of a file

Hello All, I have a file like this APPLY ( 'INSERT INTO brdcst_media_cntnt ( cntnt_id ,brdcst_media_cntnt_cd ,cntnt_prvdr_cd ,data_src_type_cd ,cntnt_titl_nm ,cntnt_desc ,batch_dt ,batch_id ) VALUES ( :cntnt_id (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing parts of ten digits number by parts

I have number in file which contains date and serial number: 2013101000. The last two digits are serial number (00). So maximum of serial number is 100. After reaching 100 it becomes 00 with incrementing 10 which is day with max 31. after reaching 31 it becomes 00 and increments 10... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
31 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into n parts.

Hi all: I have a 5-column tab-separated file. The only thing that I want to do with it is to split it. However, I want to split it with a 80/20 proportion -- randomized, if possible. I know that something like : awk '{print $0 ""> "file" NR}' RS='' input-file will work, but it only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract parts of the line

I have a long list of lines in a txt file which i'm only interested to extract the list of domains like the colored ones. domain.com domain.com/page codes $.09 domain.org domain.org/page2/ codes $0.10 domain.net domain.net/page03 codes $0.05 domain.info ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
3 Replies
g_enemat(1)					 GROMACS suite, VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c				       g_enemat(1)

NAME
g_enemat - extracts an energy matrix from an energy file VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c SYNOPSIS
g_enemat -f ener.edr -groups groups.dat -eref eref.dat -emat emat.xpm -etot energy.xvg -[no]h -[no]version -nice int -b time -e time -dt time -[no]w -xvg enum -[no]sum -skip int -[no]mean -nlevels int -max real -min real -[no]coul -[no]coulr -[no]coul14 -[no]lj -[no]lj -[no]lj14 -[no]bhamsr -[no]bhamlr -[no]free -temp real DESCRIPTION
g_enemat extracts an energy matrix from the energy file ( -f). With -groups a file must be supplied with on each line a group of atoms to be used. For these groups matrix of interaction energies will be extracted from the energy file by looking for energy groups with names corresponding to pairs of groups of atoms, e.g. if your -groups file contains: 2 Protein SOL then energy groups with names like 'Coul-SR:Protein-SOL' and 'LJ:Protein-SOL' are expected in the energy file (although g_enemat is most useful if many groups are analyzed simultaneously). Matrices for different energy types are written out separately, as controlled by the -[no]coul, -[no]coulr, -[no]coul14, -[no]lj, -[no]lj14, -[no]bham and -[no]free options. Finally, the total interaction energy energy per group can be calculated ( -etot). An approximation of the free energy can be calculated using: E(free) = E0 + kT log( exp((E-E0)/kT) ), where '' stands for time-average. A file with reference free energies can be supplied to calculate the free energy difference with some reference state. Group names (e.g. residue names) in the reference file should correspond to the group names as used in the -groups file, but a appended number (e.g. residue number) in the -groups will be ignored in the comparison. FILES
-f ener.edr Input, Opt. Energy file -groups groups.dat Input Generic data file -eref eref.dat Input, Opt. Generic data file -emat emat.xpm Output X PixMap compatible matrix file -etot energy.xvg Output xvgr/xmgr file OTHER OPTIONS
-[no]hno Print help info and quit -[no]versionno Print version info and quit -nice int 19 Set the nicelevel -b time 0 First frame (ps) to read from trajectory -e time 0 Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory -dt time 0 Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time (ps) -[no]wno View output .xvg, .xpm, .eps and .pdb files -xvg enum xmgrace xvg plot formatting: xmgrace, xmgr or none -[no]sumno Sum the energy terms selected rather than display them all -skip int 0 Skip number of frames between data points -[no]meanyes with -groups extracts matrix of mean energies instead of matrix for each timestep -nlevels int 20 number of levels for matrix colors -max real 1e+20 max value for energies -min real -1e+20 min value for energies -[no]coulyes extract Coulomb SR energies -[no]coulrno extract Coulomb LR energies -[no]coul14no extract Coulomb 1-4 energies -[no]ljyes extract Lennard-Jones SR energies -[no]ljno extract Lennard-Jones LR energies -[no]lj14no extract Lennard-Jones 1-4 energies -[no]bhamsrno extract Buckingham SR energies -[no]bhamlrno extract Buckingham LR energies -[no]freeyes calculate free energy -temp real 300 reference temperature for free energy calculation SEE ALSO
gromacs(7) More information about GROMACS is available at <http://www.gromacs.org/>. Mon 4 Apr 2011 g_enemat(1)