Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating an automation process in unix . Post 302564960 by ctsgnb on Saturday 15th of October 2011 05:25:19 PM
Old 10-15-2011
Give more clue about how to identify the input file from the 4 generated output files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process automation ...help needed

hi all i am working in a organisation where we are using Ab Initio tool for datawarehousing purpose.Ab initio is installed on a unix environment.after developing the code we migrate it to production using certain commands which gets executed in the unix box.there are specific number of predefined... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX System Call for creating process

Hell Sir, This is chanikya Is there any System call which behaves just like fork but i dont want to return back two times to the calling func. In the following ex iam creating a child process in the called func but the ex prints two times IN MAIN. ex :- calling() { fork(); } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanikya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Unix Automation

Hi, i'm a newbie with unix and shell scripting. I'm just trying to do a script to simply automate a unix task. This are the steps on what i want to just run on a simple shell script 1. go to a specific path (cd /folder1/folder2/) 2. edit and input a number on a file (file_id) then save exit... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soultransit
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of manual process

my problem step by step... 1.I have 5 files at the location (/usr/abc) for example file1, file2, file3, file4 and fe.ok 2. I have to transfer 2 of the above files from which one is fixed file (fe.ok) for example file1 and fe.ok to usr/dob using cp command. 3.After transferring i will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX automation

Hello People, I have an outstanding issue with me I have 5 files at location /usr/abc called 1.DE 1.TXT 2.DE 2.TXT 3.DE 3.TXT 4.DE 4.TXT 5.Fe.ok My work involves few manual process like transfer 1.DE 1.TXT and 5.Fe.ok to /usr/dob location and run one script(for example -... (42 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
42 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix script seems to be momentarily creating child process for unknown reason

Hi, I have a unix script that basically has a while loop inside which it checks Oracle database for certain records. If it finds the records, it does some processing and then goes back to the while loop. If it doesnot find any matching records, then it sleeps for 30 seconds and then goes back to... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
17 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mail Automation in UNIX

Hi Sir, I need unix code which will read data present in .xls file and should send an automated mails .when i place the .XLS file in a specific folder and run ***.sh from unix box Attached Excel file contains Subject , To , CC , Body (Paragraph 1) , Body (Paragraph 2) , Signature When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyaS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix fdisk -l Automation

Hello Folks - Need help really ASAP. Iam trying to run this Shell command to get all the lists of partitions and disks from across all the servers. #!/bin/ksh _servers="" _out="/tmp/output.$$" _ssh=/usr/bin/ssh >$_out for s in $_servers do $_ssh $s fdisk -l >> $_out done ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkilaru
8 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

UNIX automation

I am using netteza server and i have a list of table names. I need to fetch all the data from these tables and need to create seperate zip files and store in a folder in the server. How can we automate this process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhilthms97
1 Replies
OPTIMISE(5)							File Formats Manual						       OPTIMISE(5)

NAME
optimise - output data file formats DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the output formats of the files created by the Yagi-Uda project's optimise program. The input files required for optimise are plain ASCII which can be generated by input or first. or may be generated manually with a text editor, if care is used. The format required by optimise is described in input(5). Optimise's output files, which have the .bes extension are the same format as the input files and are again obviously described by input(5). Example of a .up file. The .up file list the improvements made by optimise to an antenna design. Starting from the original design, the file is appended each time a new better design is found. Here is an example, where the final line is the performance of the 4 element beam with the .dat file shown earlier. 1 7.57dBi, 16.93dB F/B, Z=(31.77-56.34j) Ohms, SWR=3.95, SL=16.95 dB 84 7.58dBi, 16.93dB F/B, Z=(31.78-56.32j) Ohms, SWR=3.95, SL=16.95 dB 623 7.58dBi, 16.93dB F/B, Z=(31.78-56.28j) Ohms, SWR=3.95, SL=16.95 dB 89345 9.74dBi, 103.06dB F/B, Z=(37.55 +1.61j) Ohms, SWR=1.33, SL=17.78 dB What is what in the .up file The first column is an integer specifying the iteration. The other columns, going from left to right are gain(dBi), FB, input impedance, VSWR and level of the most significant sidelobe, in dB down on the peak gain. SEE ALS0 yagi(1), output(1), input(1), optimise(1), first(1), input(5), output(5) and yagi(5). AUTHORS
Dr. David Kirkby G8WRB (david.kirkby@onetel.net), with help with converting to DOS from Dr. Joe Mack NA3T (mack@fcrfv2.ncifcrf.gov). Version 1.16 24th October 2000 OPTIMISE(5)