Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Looking for help with Solaris bootable CD Post 302564868 by orange47 on Saturday 15th of October 2011 03:48:12 AM
Old 10-15-2011
also note that Solaris 10 and 11 don't work on 32bit sparc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootable CD

Hi, I need to be able to make a back bootable CD for Solaris 7 + software on the system. As stated the CD needs to be a bootable one, I know it will more then likely have to be more then 1 CD and I don't mind. What would be a good program to do this? Also the best way to go about doing it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootable CD

Hey all, I'm trying to make a backup bootable CD of a solaris 7 machine. I have no idea where to start so I did alot a reading :-) Even though I've done alot of reading I still don't know what is the best way of going about it all. What I am after as a finished result is a bootable CD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootable

hw can i prepaer bootable floopy in Solaris as well as SCO Unix thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
1 Replies

4. SuSE

CD Bootable OS

Hi, I want to create a CD that is bootable containing a working Linux OS ie OS runs from CD and not harddrive. Will probably install Linux to a 650GB partition , including all the bits I need. How would I then use this partition to create a working CD? Ideas and Web sites with info very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Bootable solaris cd backup

Hi ppl! Does anyone know of how to make a bootable solaris cd backup :confused: i have mkisofs installed and plan to burn the bootable image on pc with cdwriter on it... thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootable CD

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had made a bootable Linux CD with additional directory inside it. I'm trying to make a bootable CD with additional rpm to install the correct video card in a seaperate directory. I'm able to make a kickstart bootable CD but am unable to read into the new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Help me, please! Solaris 10 hands-off installation from a bootable DVD

Hello, I have a problem with installing the Solaris 10 using a bootable DVD with a flar archive. I want this installation to be totally hands-off, but unfortunately after I run this boot command at the ok prompt: ok boot cdrom - install ... the system is rebooted and the interactive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)