Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with Korn Shell script for substring printing Post 302564723 by kraljic on Friday 14th of October 2011 12:43:22 PM
Old 10-14-2011
Thank you Corona.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in C shell script?

i am a new user of C-shell script. I want to know can i create a substring in a string. That means when i got a variable $input = "it is number 2" I want to get the "2" to be another variable. Can i do that in C-shell and how to ? Thank you so much dinodash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinodash
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem extracting substring in korn shell

hi all, I have read similiar topics in this board, but i didn' t find the posting which is the same with the problem i face.. I try to extract string from the end. i try to do this: num=abcdefghij num2=${num:-5} echo $num2 #this should print the last 5 characters (fghij) but it doesn;t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashrul
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring in Shell Script

Hi I'm new to Shell scripting. Someone please help me in extracting a portion of string from a file. Eg: I got a file like, Readme.txt and has the following name value pairs input1 : /homes/input1/ input2 : /homes/input2/ ... ... When I give the parameter input1, the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartbuddy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in shell script

I need a help in getting substring of each line in input file. I am writing a script that will read a file from a directory on daily basis, I mean everyday a new file will be stored in this directory, it will replace old file. I have to read contents of this file, the contents will be as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotib
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using substring in shell script

This is the data I am having in a file Just for sample I have given 3 records. The file which I am having consists of n number of records. ABC123 10 01/02/2008 2008-01-03-00.00.00.000000 DYUU 22 02/03/2008 2008-01-04-00.00.00.000000 RF33 88 03/05/2008 2008-01-05-00.00.00.000000 ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
24 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If statement for substring within string (korn)

Hi all, Just looking for a simple if statement that searches for a substring within a varaible, and then performs some function. Problem is that I need it to work in Korn shell $var = *string* does not work in Korn i="xxxxxx00.00yyyyy.zzzzz" want to find 00.00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring check in IF condition in shell script

I want to check if the string has the substring in IF condition then process... i tried below but not working if ]; then ............. field can be "reserved1" ....reservedn / fillspaces1 ... fillspacesn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Extract substring

Hi all, Please, i'd like to extract string just before '.fr'. Here is some lines of my file: g-82.text.text1.fr.worker1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz.fr.worker2 i'd like to extract this text: g-82.text.text1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz Please, which command i have to use in my script shell ? ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
16 Replies
SIGSETOPS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      SIGSETOPS(3)

NAME
sigemptyset, sigfillset, sigaddset, sigdelset, sigismember - POSIX signal set operations. SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigemptyset(sigset_t *set); int sigfillset(sigset_t *set); int sigaddset(sigset_t *set, int signum); int sigdelset(sigset_t *set, int signum); int sigismember(const sigset_t *set, int signum); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), sigdelset(), sigismember(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
These functions allow the manipulation of POSIX signal sets. sigemptyset() initializes the signal set given by set to empty, with all signals excluded from the set. sigfillset() initializes set to full, including all signals. sigaddset() and sigdelset() add and delete respectively signal signum from set. sigismember() tests whether signum is a member of set. Objects of type sigset_t must be initialized by a call to either sigemptyset() or sigfillset() before being passed to the functions sigaddset(), sigdelset() and sigismember() or the additional glibc functions described below (sigisemptyset(), sigandset(), and sig- orset()). The results are undefined if this is not done. RETURN VALUE
sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), and sigdelset() return 0 on success and -1 on error. sigismember() returns 1 if signum is a member of set, 0 if signum is not a member, and -1 on error. On error, these functions set errno to indicate the cause. ERRORS
EINVAL sig is not a valid signal. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Glibc notes If the _GNU_SOURCE feature test macro is defined, then <signal.h> exposes three other functions for manipulating signal sets. int sigisemptyset(sigset_t *set); returns 1 if set contains no signals, and 0 otherwise. int sigorset(sigset_t *dest, sigset_t *left, sigset_t *right); places the union of the sets left and right in dest. int sigandset(sigset_t *dest, sigset_t *left, sigset_t *right); places the intersection of the sets left and right in dest. sigorset() and sigandset() return 0 on success, and -1 on failure. These functions are nonstandard (a few other systems provide similar functions) and their use should be avoided in portable applications. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigpending(2), sigprocmask(2), sigsuspend(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2013-04-19 SIGSETOPS(3)