Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RSC vulneabilities
Operating Systems Solaris RSC vulneabilities Post 302564683 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 14th of October 2011 10:25:41 AM
Old 10-14-2011
If you are security conscious you can configure RSC card modem to have dial-in connections rather than internet.
The connection between you and him would be some how secure. Bare in mind security in here is relative . after he finishes his task you can disconnect the line from the RSC card or attach it to some sort of private LAN

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSC question?

Has anyone had a message after attempting a telnet to an RSC server of: "Console session already in use." I'm attempting to access this server to setup a user account, and I'm having some problems. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion on how to proceed? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr-synapse
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RSC card specification

Hi I have a SUN box that i am supporting Model 480r . The RS card that is attached to it is giving some problems . It is pinging but i am unable to telnet into it therefore having no remote TC console access ( the system is currently up ) Is there a way by which i can remotely check the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam4u
1 Replies

3. Solaris

RSC configuration

Hi All, Please send the configuration for RSC in solaris. Thanks and Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

RSC Configuaration

Dear All, Can any body help me how to configure the RSC in solaris9. Thanks and Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun 8 +RSC

Hi All I have done a reboot for SUN Solaris 8 ( model SUNFIRE 280R) but i havent got the OK prompt i only got the following: RSC2 POST - Version 10-18-2000 0.7 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alaa75
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris RSC configuration

Hi everyone, I've been reading across to configure the RSC that came with my SunFire v890 (along time ago) but I think there are several points I don't completely understand. First, I think I need a new IP address for the RSC, right? where should I attach the RSC? to my network (the same as the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcrespo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Old RSC card problem

All, I have a unique situation concerning RSC cards and would like to see if anyone has a solution. Here is the situation: We are migrating older versions of Solaris using ufsdump images to like older hardware. We basically installed a temporary Solaris O/S then copied the dumps over and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljack
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to RSC

Hi All, ;) I have configured rsc hosted on Sun-Fire-V490. But I am not able to telnet this machine Packages installed : #pkginfo -l | grep SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrscd PKGINST: SUNWrscj I rebooted system but still I' not able to take rsc. I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
3 Replies

9. Solaris

RSC packages?

Does anyone know where to get these on Oracle's support site or elsewhere? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
7 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)