Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String replacement.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String replacement. Post 302564589 by jayan_jay on Friday 14th of October 2011 06:33:49 AM
Old 10-14-2011
it is simple .. pls post your try ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Replacement Script

Okay, I have a script right now that is made to search through a file and replace certain strings with a new one. The format to execute is "/subst <replacethis> <withthis> <filename>" and it only updates the file IF changes are made (in order to preserve the time it was made/last modified). I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbud
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK String replacement

I have an xml file with following tags <NewTag>value123</xyz> <NewTag>value321</abcd> I have to replace the values in between the tags with some value ( VAL1/VAL2) but the thing the ending tag can be any thing, for this i need a awk command currently i am using this but it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of string

Hi I have a text file which contains the following. AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD How can I replace all CCC with 888, with other contents inside the file remain unchange? Please advice Desired output: AAA,BBB,888,DDD AAA,BBB,888,DDD AAA,BBB,888,DDD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0384
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement

Hi I am new to shell scripting but i manage to do some simple things. I am trying to replace a string in one file. I am using sed to replace but it is not permanently writing to the file, rather it is temporary. I want to know whether is there any another method to replace a string in a file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement

I have one string string1=user/password:IP_ADDR:Directory I need to replace string1 value like store into string2 string2=user password:IP_ADDR:Directory i.e replace "/" character by '<space>' character But i wouldn't use any file in the meantime. Please help me......................... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement using sed

I need to search and replace a particular string in a file. Only the exact match of the string should be replaced. eg: File contents : abc abcd abcdef --> Replace only 'abc' with 'xyz', but it should not replace abcd with xyzd. So the o/p should be: xyz abcd abcdef. How can this be done? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sngk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement

Hi All, I have below file which has data in below format. #$ | AB_100 | AB_300 ()| AB_4 @*(% | AB-789 i want o/p as below format. | AB_100 | AB_300 | AB_4 | AB-789 So here there is no standard format. How we can achieve the same in unix ? Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement

Hi, I have a text file where all records come in one line (single line file), each record starts with 'BUCH' and ends with '@&' and if data is not there we get space instead. between '@&' and next record there might be some spaces, now I want to remove those spaces between '@&' and 'BUCH'. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maks475
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel replacement string

Hi, Using the following command, I can only get rid of the last extension from my input file name: parallel command '>' {.}.output ::: my.input.file The output file is "my.input.output" How can I get rid of the last two extensions of my input file name, so that end up with "my.output"?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forU
4 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)