Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting usage of AWK command under perl script Post 302564557 by roopa on Friday 14th of October 2011 03:10:57 AM
Old 10-14-2011
i am getting error as below:
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at rr.pl line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Split Command usage

Hi, I am trying to use the split commad to seperate string reading from file. but it dosent give me a correct result. can some body tell me what is the wrong in following scritp. #!/usr/bin/perl -w #use CGI qw(:standard); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time command usage in sh script

how do i get the following type of information when we have a time command in sh script. 0.01user 0.00system 1:32.98elapsed 0%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 5360maxresident)k 0inputs+0outputs (342major+0minor)pagefaults 0swaps I always see the following for the time command real 0m0.000s user ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris_search
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and grep command usage

hi Can anyone explain me how these two commands awk and grep works in a ksh shell Thanks Babu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse script usage -Awk

Is it possible to convert EXONtoBED (Output to input)? 1. BEDtoExon.sh ------------------- awk '{ n11 = split($11, t11, ",") n12 = split($12, t12, ",") for (i = 0; ++i < n11;) { s12 = $2 + t12 print $1, s12, s12 + t11, i”E_”$4 } }' $1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

5. Programming

Executing a awk command inside perl script --

Hello experts I want to execute a awk command, which reads from txt files and sums the numbers from the first column for those listed only inside a <init> block -- The awk command is like awk '/<\/?init>/{x = !x}x{a++}x && a > 2{sum+=$1}END{printf"%E" "\n", sum} So, I want to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkass
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to find the disk usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space

Hi All, I have written a script to check the file system usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space.Please check whether the script is corrcet #Script Starts here #!/usr/local/bin/perl #Program to find the disk space and to delete the older files #Checks the type of OS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkarthick
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of Awk command for output

Hi Experts, I have a Text file generated as below; <NAME> NEW#<technicalName><TAB> <Version> OLD#<technicalName><TAB> <Version> e.g. CH_PPV_AUDIT_DISTRIBUTOR NEW#EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc2 OLD#EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc1... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
19 Replies

8. HP-UX

Perl script limit cpu usage

Hi Experts, I am executing multiple instances(in parallel) of perl script on HP-UX box. OS is allocating substantial amount of CPU to these perl processes,resulting higher cpu utilization. Glance always shows perl processes are occupying majority of the CPU resource. It is causing slower... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Usage of tail command in .awk

Hi, I want to do file format using awk script, for that i wan to use 'tail'. Here is the scenario. I will be having set of files in a directory. Those files i need to write to another directory with same file name, but while writing the file to out directory, i need to write the last line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkata Madhu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of shell variable in perl command

Hi, I have a shell script, In which i have variable "var1" and some perl command inside shell script. export var1='coep -n rst-a2p-hinje.vci.all.com -c' perl -pi -e 's/^/coep -n rst-a2p-hinje.vci.all.com -c /' command.txt currently I am adding value of var1 in command.txt file by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
2 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)