Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting merge multiple tables with perl Post 302564551 by Franklin52 on Friday 14th of October 2011 02:28:21 AM
Old 10-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkhe
Hi tyler,
I used your instructions as follows:
C:\Perl>perl -F"\t" -lane 'BEGIN {@hdr = qw(chromo pos refalleles.SampleA refAllele.SampleA refCount.SampleA refFreq.SampleA altAllele.SampleA altCount.SampleA altFreq.SampleA alleles.SampleB refAllele.SampleB refCount.SampleB refFreq.SampleB altAllele.SampleB altCount.SampleB altFreq.SampleB alleles.SampleC refAllele.SampleC refCount.SampleC refFreq.SampleC altAllele.SampleC altCount.SampleC altFreq.SampleC alleles.SampleD refAllele.SampleD refCount.SampleD refFreq.SampleD altAllele.SampleD altCount.SampleD altFreq.SampleD)} $x{join"\t",@F[0..2]}.="\t".join"\t",@F[3..9]; { print join " ", @hdr; foreach $k (sort keys %x) {print "$k\t$x{$k}" if $k !~ /chromo/}}' samplea sampleb samplec sampled

But I get the following error message:

Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1.

C:\Perl>
Your code is unreadable, please reformat your code and use code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from multiple tables from Oracle DB

Hi , I want to read the data from 9 tables in oracle DB into 9 different files in the same connection instance (session). I am able to get data from one table to one file with below code : X=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB <<eof select col1 from table1; EXIT; eof` echo $X>myfile Can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

2. Programming

SQL Add to Multiple Tables

I'm pretty new to the database world and I've run into a mental block of sorts. I've been unable to find the answer anywhere. Here's my problem: I have several tables and everything is as normalized as possible (as I've been lead to understand normalization.) Normalization has lead to some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flakblas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to Merge Multiple Lines in a File

I've hunted and hunted but nothing seems to apply to what I need. Any help will be much appreciated! My input file looks like (Unix): marker,allele1,allele2 RS1002244,1,1 RS1002244,1,3 RS1002244,3,3 RS1003719,2,2 RS1003719,2,4 RS1003719,4,4 Most markers are listed 3 times but a few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Two Tables with duplicates in first table

Hi.. File 1: 1 aa rep 1 dd rep 1 kk rep 2 bb sad 2 ss sad 3 ee dam File 2 1 apple fruit 2 mango tree 3 lilly flower output: 1 aaple fruit aa,dd,kk rep (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
7 Replies

5. Web Development

mysql query for multiple columns from multiple tables in a DB

Say I have two tables like below.. status HId sName dName StartTime EndTime 1 E E 9:10 10:10 2 E F 9:15 10:15 3 G H 9:17 10:00 logic Id devName capacity free Line 1 E 123 34 1 2 E 345 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple tables into big matrix

Hi all, I have a complex (beyond my biological expertise) problem at hand. I need to merge multiple files into 1 big matrix. Please help me with some code. Inp1 Ang_0 chr1 98 T A Ang_0 chr1 352 G A Ang_0 chr1 425 C T Ang_0 chr2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple files to load into different tables,

multiple files to load into different tables, I have a script show below, but this script loads data from txt file into a table, but i have multiple input files(xyzload.txt,xyz1load.txt,xyz2load.txt......) in the unix folder , can we load these files in diff tables (table 1, table2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple files to load into different tables

multiple files to load into different tables, I have a script show below, but this script loads data from txt file into a table, but i have multiple input files(xyzload.txt,xyz1load.txt,xyz2load.txt......) in the unix folder , can we load these files in diff tables (table 1, table2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to merge two tables based on a matched column?

Hi, Please excuse me , i have searched unix forum, i am unable to find what i expect , my query is , i have 2 files of same structure and having 1 similar field/column , i need to merge 2 tables/files based on the one matched field/column (that is field 1), file 1:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
YYFIX(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  YYFIX(1)

NAME
yyfix -- extract tables from y.tab.c SYNOPSIS
yyfix file [tables] DESCRIPTION
Programs have historically used a script (often named ``:yyfix'') to extract tables from the yacc(1) generated file y.tab.c. As the names of the tables generated by the current version of yacc(1) are different from those of historical versions of yacc(1), the shell script yyfix is provided to simplify the transition. The first (and required) argument to yyfix is the name of the file where the extracted tables should be stored. If further command line arguments are specified, they are taken as the list of tables to be extracted. Otherwise, yyfix attempts to deter- mine if the y.tab.c file is from an old or new yacc(1), and extracts the appropriate tables. The tables ``yyexca'', ``yyact'', ``yypact'', ``yypgo'', ``yyr1'', ``yyr2'', ``yychk'', and ``yydef'' are extracted from historical versions of yacc(1). The tables ``yylhs'', ``yylen'', ``yydefred'', ``yydgoto'', ``yysindex'', ``yyrindex'', ``yygindex'', ``yytable'', ``yyname'', ``yyrule'', and ``yycheck'', are extracted from the current version of yacc(1). FILES
y.tab.c File from which tables are extracted. SEE ALSO
yacc(1) HISTORY
The yyfix command first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
March 23, 1993 BSD