Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing files that belong to a certain year date? Post 302564501 by rdcwayx on Thursday 13th of October 2011 08:20:51 PM
Old 10-13-2011
use find command.

Check first: (I just guess the date, you need adjust it with your request)
Code:
find . -type f -mtime +700 -mtime -1000 -ls

Then do the clean:

Code:
find . -type f -mtime +700 -mtime -1000 -exec rm -f {} \

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files that does not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing year in ls command

Hi all .. As per rule i searched the forum i am not able found out ... I want to display the year in when listing the files .. when i use ls -lt it is not displaying files with recent 6 month old .. I know that perderabo has written a script for that if you give that link it will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent...Need a shell script to list files which belong to particular groups

Hi, I am just new to scripting but got to write a complex scipt please help. i need a shell script which can check the list of data listed in a txt doc and see if they belong to any of the groups that are listed in other list file.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if list of files belong to particular group

i just need help to write a shell script which when run should take the text doc(contains list of files which are to be copied) as input and then each file has to be checked to see if they belong to any of the 5 groupnames that we are going to mention in the other list document, id they belong to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draghun9
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files that are not first two files date & last file date for every month-year?

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year?

how to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How bash treats literal date value and retrieve year, month and date?

Hi, I am trying to add few (say 3 days) to sysdate using - date -d '+ 3 days' +%y%m%d and it works as expected. But how to add few (say 3 days) to a literal date value and how bash treats a literal value as a date. Can we say just like in ORACLE TO_DATE that my given literal date value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers1234
2 Replies
MKNMZ(1)							  Namazu Project							  MKNMZ(1)

NAME
mknmz - an indexer of Namazu SYNOPSIS
mknmz [options] <target>... DESCRIPTION
mknmz 2.0.21, an indexer of Namazu. Target files: -a, --all target all files. -t, --media-type=MTYPE set the media type for all target files to MTYPE. -h, --mailnews same as --media-type='message/rfc822' --mhonarc same as --media-type='text/html; x-type=mhonarc' -F, --target-list=FILE load FILE which contains a list of target files. --allow=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be allowed. --deny=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be denied. --exclude=PATTERN set PATTERN for pathnames which should be excluded. -e, --robots exclude HTML files containing <meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX"> -M, --meta handle HTML meta tags for field-specified search. -r, --replace=CODE set CODE for replacing URI. --html-split split an HTML file with <a name="..."> anchors. --mtime=NUM limit by mtime just like find(1)'s -mtime option. e.g., -50 for recent 50 days, +50 for older than 50. Morphological Analysis: -b, --use-mecab use MeCab for analyzing Japanese. -c, --use-chasen use ChaSen for analyzing Japanese. -k, --use-kakasi use KAKASI for analyzing Japanese. -m, --use-chasen-noun use ChaSen for extracting only nouns. -L, --indexing-lang=LANG index with language specific processing. Text Operations: -E, --no-edge-symbol remove symbols on edge of word. -G, --no-okurigana remove Okurigana in word. -H, --no-hiragana ignore words consist of Hiragana only. -K, --no-symbol remove symbols. --decode-base64 decode base64 bodies within multipart entities. Summarization: -U, --no-encode-uri do not encode URI. -x, --no-heading-summary do not make summary with HTML's headings. Index Construction: --update=INDEX set INDEX for updating. -z, --check-filesize detect file size changed. -Y, --no-delete do not detect removed documents. -Z, --no-update do not detect update and deleted documents. Miscellaneous: -s, --checkpoint turn on the checkpoint mechanism. -C, --show-config show the current configuration. -f, --config=FILE use FILE as a config file. -I, --include=FILE include your customization FILE. -O, --output-dir=DIR set DIR to output the index. -T, --template-dir=DIR set DIR having NMZ.{head,foot,body}.*. -q, --quiet suppress status messages during execution. -v, --version show the version of namazu and exit. -V, --verbose be verbose. -d, --debug be debug mode. --help show this help and exit. --norc do not read the personal initialization files. -- Terminate option list. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://www.namazu.org/trac-namazu/trac.cgi> or <bug-namazu@namazu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Satoru Takabayashi All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Namazu Project All rights reserved. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. mknmz of Namazu 2.0.21 July 2011 MKNMZ(1)