Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to run glance over ssh in batch mode Post 302564475 by delphys on Thursday 13th of October 2011 06:45:21 PM
Old 10-13-2011
Found the following example but it returns nothing; /tmp/gout is blank
=====================
ssh -qn wsl 'TERMINAL="vt100" /opt/perf/bin/glance -aos /tmp/gout -iterations 2; cat /tmp/gout'
======================

any ideas ??

The TERMINAL string is the same I used for TOP command batch mode

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH in batch mode and File-Handles in a loop

Hi all I try to execute SSH commands on several hosts in a while-loop. There seems to be a problem with file-handle, first cycle works correct but no other one will follow due to the while condition is false even that there are many more host entries (lines) in all_hosts.dat. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveCutler
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp in Batch Mode

Hi, I am trying to do sftp a file from one server to another solaris server. Both are sftp enabled. I have generated the rsa key in local server and did a ftped the public key to the remote server and added that in the authorization keys file. Then i try to run the below command using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaemn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing glance using ssh

Hi, I'm running glance ussing ssh from a "HP-UX" machine for a Sun machine. Here is a sample code:- x:- HP-UX y:- Sun Extracting a value from glance outuput. ssh x@y "/opt/perf/bin/glance -f -adviser_only -iterations 2 -maxpages 1 > glance.op ; echo `head -1 glance.op | a wk '{print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

5. Gentoo

top in batch mode, cpu info is wrong

well. the title says it all. im runing top in batch mode like this top -b -n1 > somefile but the cpu usage info is not correct. if i run top normally, the first second, i see the same wrong info, and then it corrects itself. i found only one small mention of it on this forum. with this link... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run VI in batch mode

Hi how do I use vi to do change some strings in a shell script loop 1. Run ls first, for each file that contains the word salesreport*.txt, do the following 2. use vi to run the following ex command : "1,$s/1975/1945/ig, wq" Please tell me how to do this in vi, not sed. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

how to run top or glance non-interactively using ssh

Hello Am trying to run top /glance non-interactively using ssh from redhat to hp-ux hosts but getting following errors.. ======================= ssh msi 'top -n 1' Sorry, I need to know a more specific terminal type than "unknown". ssh msi top -d1 -n20 > /tmp/top.out Sorry, I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tftp batch mode within bash script

Hi, I put the necessary tftp commands into a batch file and I can run tftp by $ tftp < tftpbatchscript in bash command line and then successfully exit. Now, I want to put a line which does the same thing above. However, when I put this line into a bash script, the lines below this line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yildiz.a
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use gpg to encrypt data in batch/non-interactive mode?

Hello, I have to encrypt data using a script in batch mode without being prompted. I can successfully encrypt data but it prompts me to enter (y/N) as shown below. I tried batch flags without no success. I need to automate this without any prompts. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks, C. $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
2 Replies
gmk_hy(1)						       Scotch user's manual							 gmk_hy(1)

NAME
gmk_hy, gmk_m2, gmk_m3, gmk_ub2 - create source graphs SYNOPSIS
gmk_hy [options] dim [ofile] gmk_m2 [options] [-gcfile] dimX dimY [ofile] gmk_m3 [options] [-gcfile] dimX dimY dimZ [ofile] gmk_ub2 [options] dim DESCRIPTION
The gmk_* programs create source graph files for some common, regular topologies. gmk_hy creates a hypercube of dimension dim. gmk_m2 creates a 2D regular grid of dimensions dimX and dimY. gmk_m3 creates a 3D regular grid of dimensions dimX, dimY and dimZ. gmk_ub2 creates an unoriented de Bruijn graph of dimension dim. OPTIONS
-b base For gmk_m2 and gmk_m3 only. Output graphs with base value set to base. Default value is 0. -e For gmk_m2 only. Build a 8-neighbor grid rather than a 4-neighbor grid. -gcfile For gmk_m2 and gmk_m3 only. Output graph vertex coordinates (that is, geometry data to be used by gout(1)) in file cfile. -h Display some help. -t For gmk_m2 and gmk_m3 only. Create torus graphs, that is, graphs such that there exist loop edges between vertices of rank 0 and (dim-1) in every dimension. -V Display program version and copyright. EXAMPLE
Create a 5x7 grid along with its geometry: $ gmk_m2 5 7 -g/tmp/m5x7.xyz /tmp/m5x7.grf SEE ALSO
gbase(1), gmk_msh(1), gtst(1), gmap(1), gord(1), gout(1), amk_grf(1). Scotch user's manual. AUTHOR
Francois Pellegrini <francois.pellegrini@labri.fr> February 14, 2011 gmk_hy(1)