Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking IPV6 very slow, not respecting MTU?? Post 302564438 by jusme on Thursday 13th of October 2011 04:10:08 PM
Old 10-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
This bug happened in kernels from 2008 or so. IPv6 transmissions would get their MTU from the wrong interface, I think the loopback.
This one?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/254622

I'm using the latest Centos Kernel (2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.i686), I'd hope a fix from 2008 would be included in that...

Tried reducing the MTU for lo but made no difference.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to change the MTU in Unix registry?

Does anyone know how to or know of a web page where I can find how to change the MTU speed in Unix registry? Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Techie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Techie_girl
2 Replies

2. Solaris

MTU Value

Hi guys, Do anyone know how to change the MTU value on an interface on Solaris 10 server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

MTU setting - solaris 9 how to check??

I need to check the mtu setting on my server, I am told I need to use the ndd command and check the tcp setting tcp_mss_max I have done so and all I can see is the below, tcp_mss_def_ipv4 (read and write) tcp_mss_max_ipv4 (read and write) How can I check the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

4. Solaris

how to find MTU size on solaris.

How do i find the MTU size on solaris, which file to look into. Please help I'm a newbie to administration. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

MTU size

Hi, Just want to ask on how to check and change the MTU size of the nodes from 1500 to 9000? I need to match the MTU size of some cluster nodes which has 1500 to the others with 9000 because they are inconsistent. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: criphaze22
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

AFP mount + Chown/Chgrp respecting

Hello all... Does anyone know how to make an AFP mount of home directories (/Volumes/users off of another server) so that any users doing an ssh login retain write permission to their individual folders, read-write permissions to folders chowned to appropriate group... and so that newly created... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drkdev
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MTU setting for IRIX

Couldn't find an IRIX forum, so I'm posting to this one... Just had our SAs rebuild an IRIX machine and now I need to set the MTU to 1344 (vice 1500 default). I can set it manually using the ifconfig command, but it won't survive a reboot. I made an entry into the /etc/init.d/ifconfig-1.options... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Set MTU value for ipv6 interfaces

Hi, I am trying to set mtu value for ipv6 interfaces. I know how to set it for ipv4 interfaces ifconfig net1 mtu 1240 Do I need to add any iptype for the above command ? Note: OS:Solaris 10 TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
3 Replies
jetpipe(8)																jetpipe(8)

NAME
jetpipe - bind a printer device to a tcp port SYNOPSIS
jetpipe <printerdevice> <portnumber> DESCRIPTION
jetpipe will bind a printer device to a given portnumber so the printer can be accessed through the JetDirect protocol from a remote client. EXAMPLE
/usr/sbin/jetpipe /dev/usblp0 9100 The above commandline will bind the USB printer on /dev/usblp0 to port 9100 where it can be acessed through the JetDirect protocol from a cups client SEE ALSO
cups-deviced(8), cups-driverd(8), cups-lpd(8), cups-polld(8), cupsd.conf(5) cupsd(8) AVAILABILITY
jetpipe is part of ltsp package and the latest versions are available in source form from https://launchpad.net/products/ltsp (link to URL https://launchpad.net/products/ltsp) . AUTHOR
copyright 2006 Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com>, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later ver- sion. Oliver Grawert 20061206 jetpipe(8)