Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ping echo not returns
Operating Systems HP-UX Ping echo not returns Post 302564428 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of October 2011 03:42:00 PM
Old 10-13-2011
And their IP addreses, netmasks, routing tables, etc?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between using "echo" builtin and /bin/echo

So in my shell i execute: { while true; do echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line This waits one second and returns. But { while true; do /bin/echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line continues to run, and doesn't stop until i kill it explicitly. I have tried this in bash as well as zsh,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep without returns...

Is there a command where I can pipe my grep into it and it will output it with spaces rather than returns? Example I want to turn prompt$ grep blah file blah blah into this prompt$ grep blah file | someCommand blah blah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to correctly use an echo inside an echo?

Bit of a weird one i suppose, i want to use an echo inside an echo... For example... i have a script that i want to use to take users input and create another script. Inside this script it creates it also needs to use echos... echo "echo "hello"" >$file echo "echo "goodbye"" >$file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo statement when find returns null

Hi, How do you echo something once when a find statement returns null results? This is when using mutiple locations and mutiple arguments. The below find command the inner loop of a nested for loop where the outter loop holds the $args and the inner loop holds the locations. find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tchoruma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep returns nothing

Hi all, I am trying to grep a .txt file for a word. When I hit enter, it returns back to $ The file is 4155402 in size and is named in this way: *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt I use this command, being in the same directory as the file: grep -i "invalid" *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

With that logic this echoes "echo". Question about echo!

echo `echo ` doesn't echoes anything. And it's logic. But echo `echo `echo ` ` does echoes "echo". What's the logic of it? the `echo `echo ` inside of the whole (first) echo, echoes nothing, so the first echo have to echo nothing but echoes "echo" (too much echoing :P):o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo x - returns: x: command not found

I have been experiencing this problem intermittantly, I thought the problem was '/bin/sh -> /bin/dash' but I changed that to bash and the problem persists. I am writing functions to be included in user's '.bash_profile' through source or '.' filename a quick example of the problem is illustrated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsquared
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/var/run//ping-default] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. Defaults to all configured ping nodes. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)