Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patching on ZFS file-system
Operating Systems Solaris Patching on ZFS file-system Post 302564195 by vishalaswani on Thursday 13th of October 2011 05:24:19 AM
Old 10-13-2011
Yup I meant BE in terms of live upgrade.

We have a server which has zone roots in a separate pool and we did the patching through live upgrade in it, when we created the new BE it created a snapshot for each zone in the zonepool for that BE.

In your environment you have a pool for each zone, so after lucreate you will find a snapshot for each zone in its pool for the new BE [you can see that in zfs list where another zone root path will appear with BE name in it].

You can refer to "Exercise 11: Using Live Upgrade Patching with Solaris Zones" in the following link Solaris 10 Patching with Live Upgrade - Solaris - wikis.sun.com

Regards,
Vishal

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ZFS file system - memory monitoring

I am working on a server where the 'root' user ZFS filesystem. Now when I do Top commands it says only 750M free .But when I count the actual memory utilized it comes only to 12 GB and the total size of the server is 32G. I think rest of the space is held up by ZFS file system. Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
5 Replies

3. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys, I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Pras (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ

I have Solaris-10 server running ZFS file-system. ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01 is one of the non global zone. I wanted to increase a /ttms/prod file-system of zone, which is actually /zone/ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01/ttms/prod on global server. I have added a new disk of 9 GB, which is emcpower56a and now I can... (16 Replies)
16 Replies

7. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help in patching with lu on SVM+ZFS FS with zones

Hello, I need help in understanding, how lu can work on Solaris-10 on this server. I can detach mirror metadevices of LVM, but zpool looks confusing, which mirror I should break. server-app01 # : |format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN300G cyl... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
lucancel(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      lucancel(1M)

NAME
lucancel - cancel a scheduled Live Upgrade copy/create procedure SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lucancel [-l error_log] [-o outfile] [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lucancel command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lucancel command cancels a boot environment (BE) creation or upgrade that was scheduled in the FMLI-based interface, lu(1M), or the repopulation of a BE, scheduled with lumake(1M). lucancel does not cancel a job that is active (that is, is in the process of creation or repopulation). The lucancel command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lucancel command has the following options: -l error_log Error and status messages are sent to error_log, in addition to where they are sent in your current environment. -o outfile All command output is sent to outfile, in addition to where it is sent in your current environment. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucompare(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludelete(1M), ludesc(1M), lufslist(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lure- name(1M), lustatus(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) SunOS 5.10 21 Dec 2001 lucancel(1M)