Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Help with disk size in sco unix Post 302564174 by robo on Thursday 13th of October 2011 04:24:43 AM
Old 10-13-2011
Help with disk size in sco unix

when i try to find the disk size in a sco unix machine

i am not quite sure about the commands

df and df -k

is there any other command to see what hardware raid it is built in and the total disk size

any command similar to fdisk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of Disk

First of all, hello there!!! Well, I' ve got one question: How may I get the size of the HD, I mean, wich command do I have to type? Thanks in advance, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saulolps
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies

4. SCO

adding hard disk from SCO OpSer in SCO 5.06

Hi! Sorry, but I am'not spesialist in SCO OpenServer. I need to add hard disk from SCO Open Server ( "a") in my SCO OpenServer 5.6. I need data from "a". When I added, I see only swap disk, and didn't see root file system. I need to add IDE and SCSI Please, help me. How right to add disk?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedir
0 Replies

5. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix - Disk Space

Hi, I am using SCO Unix 3.12 and Informix database. When we tried to use "du -a" command to check disk space, it showed: 342122 ./usr 30092 ./etc 6244 ./dev 4778 ./bin 2674 ./tcb 1234 ./lost+found 698 ./lib 532 ./shlib 46 ./tmp 6 ./messages 4 ./opt 4 ./var 2 ./mnt 2 ./install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk size

What is the easy way to see what size mydisk (total disk size) is ? similar to properties in windows ? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
7 Replies

8. SCO

Problem with sco unix 5.0.5 and copy disk

Hi, i'm from Argetina and my english is very poor. I'm trying to copy disk with sco unix 5.0.5 -60Gb IDE Disk- (7476, 255, 63) to other disk -IDE 80Gb- and g4u v2.3. After the copy, i'm trying the 80Gb disk and the roblem is the partition /u/disco is empty. Note: /u/disco is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

9. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies
prealloc(1)						      General Commands Manual						       prealloc(1)

NAME
prealloc - preallocate disk storage SYNOPSIS
name size DESCRIPTION
preallocates at least size bytes of disk space for an ordinary file name, creating the file if name does not already exist. The space is allocated in an implementation-dependent fashion for fast sequential reads and writes of the file. fails and no disk space is allocated if name already exists and is not an ordinary file of zero length, if insufficient space is left on disk, or if size exceeds the maximum file size or the file size limit of the process (see ulimit(2)). The file is zero-filled. DIAGNOSTICS
returns one of the following values upon completion: 0 Successful completion. 1 name already exists and is not an ordinary file of zero length. 2 There is insufficient room on the disk. 3 size exceeds file size limits. EXAMPLES
The following example preallocates 50000 bytes for the file WARNINGS
Allocation of file space is highly dependent on current disk usage. A successful return does not indicate how fragmented the file actually might be if the disk is approaching its capacity. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
prealloc(2), ulimit(2). prealloc(1)